Chapter 13

At school on Monday, Perrie was happily telling her classmates at recess what it was like to be invited to Jesy's house.

"Yeah her car's big and her parents are cool." Perrie said before eating her sandwich quickly. Jimin was next to her while Jade sat at her other side. They were on a bench near the playground where a lot of younger kids were playing. Basically the whole of year four-A were surrounding them to hear the tale.

"Cool. Did her dad buy you all a ton of ice cream since he's rich?" One boy asked with bright eyes.

Perrie nodded. "Tell them Jade."

Jade rolled her eyes. She had said that she would not comment but with how silly Perrie sounded she was on the verge of commenting. Telling people how rich we are. Oh gosh. "Have you given Leigh-Anne her book yet?" She tapped the blonde's arm.

Perrie frowned. Was that all Jade cared about? Since the school day started she had been asking her to give Leigh her book. It was so annoying. How about a 'How are you Perrie?' or a 'Gee Perrie you look pretty today' or maybe 'Will you marry me Perrie?' Yes Jade! I would! She thought angrily. Why was Jade being so annoying? Caring about that little poor twat. "No but I will. I will. Anyway . . ."

Jimin was happy that their classmates were respecting him because Perrie was now considered cool. "Tell them about the expensive painting you saw on the wall."

"Ah yes. The painting." Perrie snapped her fingers and went off to talk about that.

"Perrie."

Perrie looked to her side and rolled her eyes. "What?" She saw the very same Leigh-Anne coming up to her.

Jade wanted to say something. Obviously she's here for the book.

"My book." Leigh opened her hand up for it.

The little kids were whispering. Leigh-Anne was Jesy's best friend and everyone respected her for her title. She was also the prettiest girl in school.

Perrie groaned. "Did I mention that Leigh-Anne was there too?"

"Oh yeah you did!"

"Did you have fun Leigh-Anne?"

"Was Jesy rich?"

"Did you give her goat milk?"

Leigh was baffled by all the questions. She got shy and just shook her head. Jesy was waiting for her behind the school. I've got to tell her what Sairah told me about her parents just to clarify. "May I please have my book?" She asked softly.

Perrie cringed. "About that . . ."

Leigh already didn't like where this was going. "Hey I'd like to complete it Perrie."

"Yeah me and her need to discuss how it ended." Jade just wanted her chance already. Where's Jesy?

Perrie growled. Why does Jade even like her?! This was so upsetting to her. "I think I want to finish it first." She smiled at Jade. "And then we can discuss the ending. Yay."

Jade saw that as a major step down. She would say how she felt but she did not want to embarrass the blonde.

Leigh wasn't okay with that. Who did this tiny blonde thing think she was? "But I want to finish it. We discussed this already. Give me back my book Perrie."

"Ooo." Some kids said.

"Why are they fighting over a boring book?" Someone asked finding this weird.

Kids are so dumb. Books aren't boring! Jade thought. She nibbled on her cookie without saying anything.

Jimin hoped that Perrie would just cooperate. "You brought it today so you can hand it over to her." He whispered to his best mate.