Chapter 29

Jade had officially been scarred.

"Could you open up the door real quick?"

"Sure." Jade opened for Sairah and let her enter with Leigh.

They had spent about three hours at the hospital in total after the ambulance came to collect Leigh. Jade would have stayed to catch her last classes but she did not feel as if she would fit in that setting. So to ensure that Leigh got help and was better she followed Sairah and one of the teachers to the hospital where she had seen doctors inject Leigh to sedate her as well as place an oxygen mask on her face to help her breathing. The girl had had to stay put in one place for a while after that. They would have kept her for a day but Sairah had said that the environment would have worried Leigh even more.

Jade watched Sairah sit on the bed to place Leigh who was on her back down. The girl had been asleep when they were leaving and was pretty dead to the world now. At least she's calmer. Jade rubbed her forehead and exhaled. What a day she was having so far.

Sairah was now positioning Leigh in a way for the girl to lie down comfortably.

Jade watched her observe Leigh and then walk over to some drawers. I have to admit that she's got a nice place . . . and a nice face and body. She licked her lips hoping that Sairah had not noticed that she kept staring at how nice she looked in that black dress. I'm weird I know. If Perrie were here she would have been worse. That made Jade chuckle to herself. I wonder how she and Jes are doing back at that hell hole. They must have been in a few club meetings about now. I feel like I should be getting a call from either of them soon. This must have spread to the school. She'd seen one of the so said sick kids on their phone typing quickly. Coulda sworn I saw one of those f*ckers recording. She would have stopped them but she had been too panicked to even move.

Jade's eyes widened once she saw Sairah changing Leigh into what looked like sweats. Oh shit. I shouldn't be watching should I? She now remembered that she was a fellow woman so it was fine. Right. And plus I would never sexualize a sick girl. I'm better than that. Heck I'm straight. I'm straight so yeah. Yeah. Straight.

She watched with her teeth on her lip from nerves as Sairah put the trousers she had for Leigh on her and then remove her blouse to place the more comfy looking one on her.

Jade saw the sister look to her. She nearly shrieked.

"Could you take those and put them in the wash for me? The bathroom's next to this room. Just place them in the clothes bin next to the sink." Sairah was now putting Leigh's head on the pillow so she could be more comfortable. Her younger sister was now wearing a grey top with no sleeves as well as shorts that matched.

Jade nodded dumbly then quickly went forward and picked the clothes up. Wait . . . have they got sick on them? She shook her head and hurriedly brought them to the washroom.

When Jade came back she wiped her hands on her skirt. She'd just washed and dried them but they were still a little damp. "Is she doing better? Can you tell based on how she sleeps?" She came to stand at Sairah's side.

Sairah breathed out with hands at her hips. "She seems better but I feel as if once she goes back home she'll become panicked again." She faced Jade.

Jade twisted her mouth. "Yeah she seems to think that your mam knows about her and Jesy since Jesy's annoying friends figured it out. It's like she's convinced now."

Sairah nodded. "She's got a bit of paranoia as well so you can't blame 'er." She breathed out as if exhausted. "I'm sure that the hospital must have called Mum even though I asked them not to. She's probably on her way now." She went to the bedside table and picked up a remote there. The elder sister of Leigh then switched on the TV which hung on the wall facing the bed. "What do you watch to calm yourself Jade?"