Chapter 32

The music in Jesy's car was blaring as she and her sister sang along to the Disney classics . . . well Jade was singing along loudly while Jesy 'purposefully' messed up the lyrics and sang foolishness.

"There is no possible way that you don't know how this one goes Jessica!" Jade whined as Jesy laughed through their rendition of A Whole New World. "The chorus is not that hard!"

Jesy cackled loudly as her sister ordered her around like the little brat she was. She sighed when the song ended and glanced at her sister who was humming the new tune that was starting up.

This felt nice. It was close to eight on Sunday night and the two of them had just had dinner at a cute fast food restaurant. They'd left the sleepover at around one, after Sairah made them all lunch, and decided that they did not want to go home yet.

Jesy had had . . . fun. This was probably the most happy she'd been since she was a kid. There was just something so carefree about driving around town with Jade. They'd even watched a lame romcom at the cinema and made funny comments and insults throughout the whole thing.

She missed being real with Jade. It was refreshing not pretending, not worrying about her parents and not worrying about doing the wrong thing with Leigh-Anne. She just felt refreshed and generally good. Though she supposed returning home would bring back most of her stress.

"Pickle have I ever told you how much I love you?" Jesy said with a giggle.

Jade's cheeks heated. "You say it way too much. Shut up Jesy."

Jesy laughed loudly.

Jade sighed and gave a small half smile. "I . . . love you more." Although they had a wonderful time doing sister bonding and forgetting about their troubles Jade could not shake the deep feeling of guilt inside her.

Last night she kissed the love of Jesy's life and she did not know how to compute her feelings. She felt like she committed murder. It just happened . . . It was true that Jesy and Leigh-Anne technically were not together. And it was true that they technically were not supposed to be together. But . . . she knew that they were in love. And she knew that if Jesy found out that she betrayed her this way she would be ruined.

Perrie being all over Leigh was one thing but Jade knew that her sister would not be able to handle this new development. And on top of that I'm not supposed to be . . . I don't like girls. Jade had been telling herself that since she was nine . . . and she would probably continue to tell herself that until she died a lonely death.

The younger girl gulped as Jesy started trying to sing along to a song from Tangled. She shook her head at the complete lack of knowledge of Disney from her sister. I probably even made Leigh anxious and confused. And Perrie . . .

She tried not to think of her blonde friend. Jade gave her head the tiniest of shakes to get herself out of this thought process. She was supposed to savour the last moments she had alone with Jesy before they entered the house of the parents she was slowly despising.

Maybe she wouldn't be so mad if Jesy wasn't so . . . Well Jesy had always been the sweetest most positive person Jade knew. That's how she was as a kid. And that was how she pretended to be even when she was dead inside and fake outside. Jesy had always adored their family and their parents and the sisterhood the two of them shared. And now she's sad, depressed because the people she loves so much can't love her back. The whole thing was so infuriating, heart breaking. Jade just couldn't imagine her own mother being so cold to Jesy like the older girl described. It all just left a bad taste in Jade's mouth and she badly wanted to act out. She'd always been a bit protective of her sensitive older sister. It was the same way Jesy was super protective of Jade herself. They just both cared for each other. It was how they were raised.