Chapter 20

Jade kept sniffing, even after she ran out of tears to cry.

She just won't pick up. She was worried here. Her sister always answered her calls. If it were someone else maybe Jesy would be hesitant but when it came to Jade she was always ready to answer. Jes . . . why did you hide it from me? I'm not like them. I'm your sister. You should talk to me Jesy. I . . .

"What the-"

Jade heard someone speak from behind her. She perked up and turned her head. It was now apparent to her that someone was walking up to the table she sat at. Her mouth was opened wide. But-but . . .

The person was none other than Jesy.

Jade had to blink. She watched her sister walk to the fridge and then stand before it, hugging a bear she held. It was pink and looked cuddly. "J-Jes . . ."

Now that Jade was a little less stunned, she could see that Jesy's aura seemed different. First of all, her eyes were puffy and underneath them were dressed in tear stains and secondly she just looked different. She's not bubbly or . . . Was this the real Jesy she was getting a glimpse of?

Jesy sniffed now with eyes on Jade. "What are you doing here Pickle?" She sounded sad. Next, she opened the fridge and got a bottle of water out. She began to drink it.

Jade rubbed her eye. "Jesy . . ." She looked to the door before getting up.

Jesy watched as her sister got closer. Now the girl was squeezing her in a tight hug. "J-Jade?"

"Where were you?!"

Jesy blinked her eyes. "Where was I?" She began to think. She knew where she had been but the question was why Jade was here. She held her sister at arm's length to look at her. "Why are you down here Pickle? Are you . . . why are you crying?" She was beginning to get worried. What if Jade was like her in that she broke down at night but acted as if all was well in the morning? She did not want that for anyone. Not even her worst enemy. "Are you okay? What's wrong?" She now held Jade's shoulders.

Jade couldn't fathom it. "I was worried about you! You . . . I went to check on you in your room and you weren't there! Why was that? Jesy you . . ." Jesy was suicidal. She did not want Jesy to hurt herself. Did Jesy commit self-harm? I-I hope not? She tried to examine her sister's body. "Where were you??"

"Relax, relax . . ." Jesy did not understand. "Why had you been in my room? How'd you get in?"

"I . . . used a key . . ."

"But why?" Jesy scratched her head.

Jade's eyes wandered down. It probably wasn't a good idea to let Jesy know that Jimin ratted her out. "Jesy that's not the point." She folded her arms. "Where have you been young lady? And why do you look all teary-eyed?" Would Jesy give her a truthful answer? I'm her sister. Of course she will. Jesy loved her. Now would be the time where Jesy confessed all of her issues to Jade in order for them to handle them together, as a team. Yes just like when we were kids and she shared everything with me. I even used to read her text chats. But that all stopped one day . . . It had been Perrie's fault. Grr. Maybe Perrie was to blame for the secrets being kept now as well.

Jesy's eyes darted left to right. "I was um . . ." She looked to the front door. "Went on a walk. Yeah. Sometimes I do that for exercise. To strengthen the abdomens." She flexed her muscles, placing the water bottle down first.

Jade had to shake her head. I know that she hates Science and skips it sometimes but jeez. Your 'abdomens' are not in your arms. She watched Jesy drop her arms to her side. "But I didn't see you come through the front."