Chapter 9

"I don't really feel as if a rose is appropriate though Jesy." Mr. Thirlwall was laughing as he walked his girls to a little store close to their school. Each of them held one of his hands. "You act as if you're proposing to her when you're not. It's just an apology." He kept up his laughter as they went in and then got close to a shelf with flowers on it.

Jesy squealed and clapped when she saw some roses lined up. "I like to be extravagant when it comes to apologies you see." She rubbed her hands together scheming before showing Jade a mischievous smile.

Jade rolled her eyes. Last night she felt bad about how Leigh's night went so decided to get her a gift to make it up to her. This rose isn't for that girl from her class. It's for her crush. She shook her head. Should she tell Jesy one day that she was obviously crushing on Leigh-Anne?

"That one! Wait no! It's got too many thorns so . . . that one!" Jesy picked up one of the plastic flowers and sniffed it. These were scented. "If only I could pick her a real one." She appeared mesmerized as she hugged it and danced with closed eyes. It was like she was in a ball room now.

Mr. Thirlwall raised one of his eyebrows before looking down at Jade for an explanation.

"Heh heh. You're on your own buddy." Jade told him.

The father decided to shrug it off. "Alright so we've picked that out so now I can drop you gals off to school right?"

"Right." The sisters said together.

Jesy grabbed Jade's hand and then held their father's. "Let's pay!"

The man laughed fondly while walking up to the desk where things were cashed.

______________

At school, Jesy ran passed Jade to get to her classroom. She usually walked Jade to the doorway but today was special. She missed Leigh over the night and was anxious to see her. Hope she's in.

Jade watched her sister hurry off. Mmmm . . . She thought with narrowed eyes. I'm way behind in this race. How do I catch up? Should she get Leigh-Anne a gift? Should she serenade her with music? Or maybe I could find out what she likes and give it to her. That stuff always works on kids. But what would that be? Flowers? Puppies? Sweets?

"Why are you standing out here this way?"

Jade turned to her side and noticed Perrie standing by her. "Oh, hello little blonde girl."

"My name is Perrie." Perrie seemed to be eating something. "Here. I brought some candy to school. Want some chocolate Jade?" Perrie had forced her mother to buy her this this morning so she could win Jade's heart through sweets. It was Jimin's idea.

Jade cringed while looking at the blonde's little pale hand. "Well that sure is . . . sweet." The candy's in wrappers so her germs aren't all over it. She took up one of the chocolates and popped it into her mouth.

Perrie giggled. "A kiss from me to you." She kissed Jade's cheek with her messy chocolate mouth. I've got more in me bag.

Jade touched where the lips had made contact. It felt sticky. "Thank you. You're so sweet." She tried to act not disgusted by what Perrie did. She could have at least wiped her mout- "Hey wait. Do you have more of those?"

Perrie grew excited. "I do. Do you want more?"

Jade nodded her head then followed the blonde inside.

___________

Meanwhile in year five, Jesy was trying to act not completely disappointed over the fact that Leigh was not here yet.