Chapter 6

Jade sat with her legs crossed on her bed with her eyes on her sister on Saturday afternoon. They just came from playing in the park with their dad. They were dressed up in matching outfits.

Jesy lay on her back. She was texting someone on her phone while smiling and Jade could tell who it was.

"Jesy . . ." The brunette called with her eyes narrowed. This was literally irking her.

Jesy smiled as she texted something back to Leigh-Anne.

"Jesy!" Jade was jealous that Jesy was paying more attention to Leigh than her and because she wanted to be friends with Leigh-Anne but could not while Jesy could.

Jesy sat up and looked at her sister. "Hmm?" She put her eyes back to her phone.

Jade frowned. "What's so funny eh? From what I've seen of Leigh-Anne she isn't that funny. Just . . . unsure and weird." Which is why me and her should be friends. We're more alike. Not that I'm unsure but I am quirky.

Jesy nodded. "That's what makes her funny." She showed Jade part of the conversation where Leigh-Anne had said something really strange and had tried to take it back. "I don't think she knows what the delete button is for. Clearly not. Otherwise she would use it. Ha." She continued messaging Leigh.

Jade groaned and then got up to sit next to Jesy.

"Do you think I should invite her over?" Jesy asked with bright eyes.

Jade had been meaning to ask Jesy about exactly how she felt with this girl. I don't think she fully understands it to be honest. That was why she was holding back from asking. What if she somehow confused Jesy and messed her up like how Leigh was messed up? Don't want her to be scared of being found out you know? I may act mean but I actually care about my sister.

"If you want to- wait invite her over here like for today?" Jade started to feel anxious. I don't like it when people are in me space. Plus, what if something actually happened this time around? What if Jesy actually kissed that girl? Grr. I don't want that. She had assumed that Jesy was the one that Mrs. Pinnock's daughter liked since last night. I really can't believe it though. Thought I had a shot. But alas, no girl would ever crush on her would they?

"Yeah." Jesy giggled and typed. After last night she felt like being around Leigh-Anne all the time.

"You-you can't invite her over. Mam and Dad aren't expecting anyone." Jade just did not want their relationship to grow stronger. The girl is really lesbian for my sister. Wow.

Jesy was not listening.

Me: Are you busy with anything?

Chubs: I'm doing a few chores

Chubs: Why do you ask?

"See that? She's busy. Don't let her come by." Jade sounded bratty.

Me: I wanted you to come to my place so we could hang out.

Jade was hating this over here. Jesy was not even listening to her! That never happened. "Jesy." She whined. She then grabbed Jesy's phone.

"Hey!" Jesy took it back. "I'm trying to have a conversation."

"But I don't want her over here." Jade said with a pout.

Jesy pouted back. "Why not?"

_____________

At Leigh's house, the girl had just dropped the tray of chicken feed she was holding in one of her hands. Her hand shook as she read the message over. Jesy wants me to come over???