Chapter 21

On Monday morning of the next week, bright and early, Jade yawned into her palm while sitting in her classroom before the bell rang.

Someone nearby chuckled. "Partied too hard Jade?" The girl said. She sat in front of Jade and Jimin.

Jade put on a tired smile. "Yeah. It was a bit much for a Sunday ain't it?" She and the girl shared a laugh. The person she was speaking to was a friend of hers called Selena. She was part of Jade's larger clique who was fun to hang out with. But never share your personal info with them. These snakes will have you eaten alive. She shook her head remembering what they had done to someone who used to be in their clique before. All because Selena thought it would be 'fun' to watch his reaction to a huge scandal. Now that was what one called bitchiness.

"Saw you and Perrie getting real close on the dance floor." The guy in front of her teased. He smirked over his shoulder. "What happened in the bathroom after you two left?"

Jade rolled her eyes internally. We f*cked. But they didn't need to know that. Sometimes at parties I get on wildly with Perrie. It's like a tradition . . . but what did that mean? Is not a question I should be asking. She had no time to contemplate these things. The day awaited.

"They shared a hug and then went home." Jimin joked where he sat. He got the two before them laughing.

"Classic Jim." The guy was called Todd.

Jade breathed out. After they had done their research and found out that the bane of all their lives was actually back they had decided to keep their eyes peeled. Jade kept closer eye on Jesy as well and noticed that the girl had disappeared the same night they had researched Leigh. The younger sister quickly deduced that the elder had gone off to that beach searching for Leigh again so had stayed up to wait for her. When she came down for a drink she didn't even acknowledge me presence in the kitchen. That kind of hurt but Jade understood. Leigh probably wasn't at the beach this time. Hopefully a sign that she took her ass back to NYC. She shook her head. How far-fetched right? Leigh was probably in London but just wouldn't be in any of their circles. It was a big city. The girl most likely lived far and would not interfere with their lives again. She better not.

It was strange though, Jade kind of wanted to see her again. It was like she had lost a book she was reading and needed it back to finish it. Ugh don't even think about it. After they had seen no sign of Leigh the days after, they had all concluded that she went to a different school. And then we got back to our daily lives. It was sad though. Jesy seemed really bummed out. Maybe if Leigh actually came here she would be happy . . . Jade threw that out of her mind. Focus on your life Jade. Leigh-Anne isn't coming here. Plus, she had things to do. Like fix my Jesy. How was she to go about doing that?

The bell startled Jade out of her thoughts and she nearly screamed at its suddenness.

Jimin startled too but it was because Jade had made a noise of fright. "Are you okay?"

Jade shook it off. "What do we have first?"

"English." Jimin was pulling his books out for their class.

"Right." Jade was getting her books out too.

Their homeroom teacher was their English teacher as well. The woman entered five minutes late and when she did, did not look to be ready to teach as yet.

Jimin looked at how their teacher had her hands together. "She seems kind of pleasant."

Jade nodded. "Is she giving us extra homework because of her good mood? She's evil like that you know."