Chapter 17

When Leigh-Anne walked into her kitchen, she had tears all over her face and snot dripping from her nose. She met her mother there, cooking.

The mother heard little sad noises and turned around. "Who's- Leigh-Anne? Sweetheart when did you come home? I didn't see your father go to pick you up." She ran up to the girl and stooped before her. She got a tissue out and was now wiping Leigh's face clean.

Leigh-Anne was trying not to break down more. "D-Daddy didn't bring me here. J-Jesy's dad did."

Footsteps came rushing down the stairs and Leigh saw her sisters. "Leigh's here?" Sian asked.

"Why are you crying Bubby?" Sairah asked wearing a look of concern and confusion.

Her dad came in after them. He walked from the front door. "What's going on?"

Leigh-Anne really didn't want to stand here and explain her awful evening to them. "E-everything is ruined. Just know that. Everything is ruined and I wanna just bury myself in a big deep hole and never come out."

The family exchanged looks as they wondered what Leigh meant.

"What happened sport?" Sian asked her slowly. This seemed very concerning. "Did you get sick or something? Did Jesy's dad bring you home because-"

"Oh my God her period! And she's wearing white pants! Mum look at her bum!" Sairah felt embarrassed on Leigh's behalf.

The mother turned the youngest around to look. "There's no stain there."

Leigh-Anne screamed. "Everything is ruined!"

They all stopped and stared.

Leigh-Anne started crying again. "It's ruined and I can't even tell all of you because you won't get it and you'll just hate me. You won't even care."

"Now Leigh-Anne that is not true." Said her mother. "Tell us what's up."

"Yes what happened?" Her father asked her out of concern.

Leigh-Anne shook her head and got mute. She then ran passed them and started climbing up the stair case.

"Leigh-Anne Pinnock come back here!" Her mum stood up and called her down.

"Leave me alone!" Leigh-Anne shouted.

Her mother started following her. "Leigh-Anne." She said in a warning tone.

The father followed her and so did the sisters.

They all stopped in Leigh's doorway.

Leigh-Anne was lying in her bed with her face in her pillow. "I wanna die! I wanna die! I wanna die!" She said into it.

They were all very disturbed by this.

Now Leigh-Anne understood how the lesbians and gays felt when they wanted to hang themselves. This hurt so bad and hanging from a tree sounded easier. Then I won't have to deal with it. Pictures of Jesy were floating through her mind. The girl's happy face when she arrived, how excited Jesy got when she brought the gift, how Jesy looked when they talked . . . and then of course when Jesy cried.

About five minutes passed and Leigh's family could not get out of her what was wrong.

"Oh dear. I think we might have to call Jesy's house to find out if we really want to." Said Mrs. Pinnock to her husband.

The man sighed. "Okay Leigh you're sad but we kind of have something to tell you which we've been hiding." They were in the phases of packing. Sairah and Sian had been packing earlier. Their flight was pretty soon so they needed to get things set.