Chapter 4

"You're the one who's in her class. Quit asking me questions about her and go to your room to do your homework." Jade complained over her books that evening. She was at her little desk studying for a test she had when Jesy barged into her room. Both of them were in their pyjamas. They matched tonight.

Jesy groaned from Jade's bed. Again, she was lying on her back. "But Pickle I hate not knowing. I don't know . . . you know something about that girl that I don't." She got up and pointed at Jade's face. "What is she hiding? Is she autistic?"

Jade groaned. "I said no to that already. Do you even know what autism is?"

Jesy looked from left to right. "Well . . . I have an idea but not a full one. Isn't it when a kid is real weird?"

Jade face-palmed. "I swear you're the most uncultured person to ever exist." Her hand was still on her face.

Jesy didn't like when Jade said things like that. She knew it was an insult but she just did not know exactly what it meant. "What's wrong with her?"

Jade fumed. "Weren't you boasting earlier about having her number?" She snapped.

Jesy smiled. "I do! Thanks Pickle. You're the best." She hugged her sister then ran out of her room to get to her phone.

Jade looked at the empty space Jesy left next to her. Mmm . . . She got up and followed Jesy as she felt lonely. Her cheeks were warm. "Wait!" She held Jesy by her shorts as the girl hurried to her room.

Jesy smiled when she saw Jade following her. She held the girl's hand and brought her into her room. Her door was open most of the time but she closed it after they entered. "It's been a while hasn't it?" She asked Jade with a smile.

Jade blushed. It had actually been a couple years since she visited Jesy's room. When they were much smaller, Jade would always find herself in Jesy's space because she had wanted to be her. But now I'm more mature. "Love what you've done with the place."

Jesy smirked. "Thank you." Her room was kind of messy actually. Oh please. Jade's room looks messy on bad days too. She thought. More like a period of long months before she cleans it and it looks like the most organized place in the world. At the moment Jade's room was very clean. "Look!"

Jade watched Jesy run up to a poster on her wall then point at it. "Nice. I never got to see how it looked on your wall."

Jesy did the face of the person on her wall. It was a singer she liked. "Okay now down to business." She went to her bed and pulled her phone off her dresser.

Jade sat next to her then watched how both their legs hung off the edge of the bed. Their feet were bare and both of them wore toenail polish. Their mother liked doing their toes on the weekend. Pink is our colour.

Jesy stared at her phone and scrolled through all of the many notifications she had. "Don't you just hate it when everyone insists on bugging you when you've got business to do?"

Jade shrugged. "I just ignore all me messages. Not like anyone important sends me anything." She had Perrie's number. The girl had put her in a chat with Jimin long ago and Jade had forgotten to leave it. Maybe I'll stay. Perrie needed some motivation. Or a scolding. Can't believe she nearly outed Leigh-Anne again. She looked at Jesy and how her sister started typing up a message to the girl in question. What if I asked her for Leigh's number? I want to talk to her at least a little.

Jesy sent a message to Leigh-Anne on Whatsapp and waited for a response. "She's not even online." She smiled. "She has a picture even though she only just got her phone though. Ha." She clicked on it. "Aww-wait what? Huh?" She showed it to Jade.