Chapter 42

On Monday, Leigh-Anne walked into school chewing on her bottom lip.

Her day yesterday had been . . . okay. She'd gone home in the afternoon to show her face to her mum and had then convinced her to actually go see Sairah. Her mother had been reluctant at first but after a lot of coaxing she'd complied. Leigh had asked her if she could stay over at Perrie's and the woman had granted her permission so she'd went to hang with Perrie for basically the rest of the afternoon and into the evening.

It turned out that her mum and Sairah had met at a food place to 'discuss' Leigh's well being and to try to see how they could make agreements so they could get along for the sake of Leigh-Anne. I really thought it would have worked but . . . apparently, Sairah had ended up telling their mum that she was no good for Leigh and that she would take her and let her do as she pleased. Of course that had made Leigh's mum upset so the woman had started getting angry and calling Sairah rude names and what not.

And then it spiralled out of control and they got kicked out for fist fighting at the restaurant. Leigh shrank as she thought this. She'd gotten called by Sairah saying that her mum was in the hospital because of some of her 'karate' moves which she'd learned online just for that occasion. At least Perrie had come to the hospital with me. The blonde had found it all kind of funny but Leigh had not been able to laugh at all. She'd been very embarrassed and scared.

Both her mum and sister had apologised for how they'd behaved and had assured her that they would try harder from now on. I guess that's good but it really sucks. How did Sairah manage to break her wrist? She really wondered how that fight went.

The girl walked to her locker, thinking of what would happen next but she got pried away from those thoughts once someone called to her.

"Leigh-Anne!"

Leigh saw Perrie running up to her now. Sairah had brought her to school since her mum couldn't do any work today because of the state of her wrist. Right now her mother was at home. The woman was really upset about this because she had just gotten the job and here it was that she was missing work because she needed sick leave. Her mum was sure she would get fired soon for this and Leigh was pretty upset with Sairah. The girl told them that she would pay for whatever they needed but Leigh still felt kind of bad for her mum.

Perrie grabbed her hand and dragged her into a corner now. She did this with great speed and strength.

Leigh noticed that Perrie seemed as sad and broken as she had the night of the party. This early? "Wh-what happened Perrie?" She held the girl by her shoulders as gently as she could.

Perrie was sniffing. "Bathroom."

________

". . . and now she's doing this to get back at me! Jade is such a snake! She hates men! Especially douche bag men like Todd! That's how you know she wants it to burn! Wahahahaha!" Perrie cried to Leigh in front of the sinks.

Leigh-Anne was looking at the picture of Jade sleeping on some guy's chest from Perrie's phone. "And this is circulating you say?"

"Yes bitch! Didn't you get it?!" Perrie had red eyes which were filled with tears.

Leigh-Anne didn't understand. "No one sent it to me . . . or if they did I- I was busy Perrie. I didn't really have time for school dra- are you sure this is legit?" She showed it to Perrie.

"Uhh yeah! Of course it is. That's her isn't it? He's not that good at editing. No one is!" Perrie snapped. "Jade is hitting me where it hurts the most. In the balls!"

Leigh's eyes squinted. "You don't have balls."

"Well she's hitting me there bitch! And it huuuurts!" Perrie was sniffing and carrying on. "I can't believe this. I thought she'd find the error of her ways and apologise. Then after that I'd act like I didn't want her and then when she insisted on apologising more I'd finally accept it and then- and then . . . you get it." She looked sadly at Leigh-Anne.