Chapter 31

At Sairah's house, the elder sister was watching Leigh play with their dogs in her yard from the porch.

Sairah couldn't help but smile knowing that she was winning. Mum really thought . . . She was thinking of a way to get Leigh to live with her as she sat. I got a guy who can help me out. I'm just better for her health and Mum knows it. She grinned evilly while laughing evilly to herself. She wanted to take care of Leigh but she also wanted to get back at their mum. Taking care of my lil sis comes first though.

Leigh-Anne threw a Frisbee for Harvey to catch and she watched how he let it fly over his head. Sairah's dog chased after it though. "Come on boy. Don't let him put you to shame. Go after that Frisbee right now. Go! Go!"

Harvey got excited then and started trying to jump on her.

Leigh laughed and decided to pick him up. "You're too much I swear."

"Well someone looks happier and healthier than yesterday." Sairah said from where she sat.

Leigh-Anne looked to the porch and smiled wide at her sister. She then started skipping up to Sairah with her dog in her arms. "I don't know who you're referring to." She sat next to Sairah and kissed her cheek. "Harvey's tired from all his exercise." She saw Sairah's dog come up to her with the Frisbee and her heart melted. "Aww thank you. You're such a good boy." She picked him up and put him to sit on Sairah.

"Thanks." Sairah said with a smile of her own. "Bet you're excited for when your friends are coming over later." She wriggled her brows. "It's going to be a wild night ain't it?" She and Leigh had gone out to buy snacks of all sorts earlier and she was sure that they had enough for the party to go on for more than just a night.

"Yes it is. I mean once I'll be there it's gonna be a hoot so you know." Leigh said smugly.

Sairah laughed at that one. "I like it when you think you're cool. It's cute."

Leigh shook her head at her. "I am cool." She pet her dog and kissed his head. Harvey seemed to like that so she cuddled him up to her.

"So . . ." Sairah observed her. "You and Jesy . . . what are you guys to each other at the moment?"

Leigh felt her blood run cold. She looked at her sister mutely.

"Come on you don't have to be scared around me. You're safe here remember?" Sairah nudged her with a smile.

Leigh blushed, looking down at her little dog. "Me and Jesy?" She remembered when they kissed that time and how their beach meetings usually went. It's only been two but . . .

"Lee-Lee don't be afraid to tell me." Sairah said close to her ear.

"I'm not scared. It's just that I've got to think since we kind of just . . . just met again." Leigh-Anne faced her sister and their noses touched.

Sairah poked her nose then pulled away. She giggled at how Leigh's nose twitched after that. Some people are just adorable by nature. "So . . . just tell me how you guys are. She still looks at you with undying love and admiration."

Leigh-Anne sighed. "Yeah and I guess I look at her that way too but right now we're just . . . I guess we're just friends. We're not supposed to be hanging around each other but it happens so . . . yeah."

Sairah pouted. "You wanna date her again don't you?"

Leigh gasped with her face on fire.

Sairah snickered. "Leigh-Anne come on. You don't have to be afraid when it's me. This is a safe place to talk about your feelings."