Chapter 24

Leigh-Anne entered the lobby of the apartment building feeling worn out. And it's only like nine-forty. This whole moving thing was really taking a toll on her wasn't it?

The girl walked up to the front desk and was handed a key to use to get in. "Thank you." She started making her way to the elevator.

When the girl got to her door she jingled the key a little before inserting it into the lock. Bad days are normal Leigh. It's nothing to be too worked up about. She couldn't help but pout though. This was the worst day of her life. I just wanna curl up and stay that way.

"Hurry up will you? I wanna see inside."

"Just a minute-" Leigh froze.

"Ugh. This minute is taking forever."

Leigh blinked her eyes at the key she had in her lock and then turned around slowly. What she saw made her scream.

Perrie covered her ears. "Yikes." She uncovered them when the girl stopped her theatrics. Now that she looked at Leigh closely, the girl seemed pretty freaked out. Her eyes were quite wide and she over all looked scared. Like a puppy in a new home being lifted for the first time. "I'm not gonna hurt you L-"

"When did you get here?" Leigh thought she had been freaked out at school before but this took the cake. "You weren't in the elevator with me were you?" Her heart rate was through the roof.

Perrie shook her head. "Came after you went. The guy at the front desk told me what floor you lived on since I said I was a friend." She laughed. "He never knew. I could have been a murderer." She gave a creepy smile.

Leigh gulped. "Go away! Go! I know some self-defence and I'm not afraid to use it on you!" She squared up with shaky fists.

Perrie was laughing. "I took karate for a year bitch. I know self-defence too."

"Well my self-defence is better because it's a fancier name that I bet you never even heard of." Leigh was trying to frown but her whole face was shaking. Her brows twitched and her lips trembled.

Perrie looked dull. "Oh really? And what might that be?"

"Uh . . . whoop a white bitch ass?"

Perrie laughed. "That was a good one I'll give you that." She raised her hand for a high-five.

Leigh did not high-five her. "Go away before I call the poli-" She was pushed out of the way.

Perrie opened the door and then looked angrily at her. "You couldn't do that?! Jeesh." She held the girl's hand, bringing her inside.

Leigh nearly tripped on herself since Perrie was moving so fast. "Hey! I never said you could come inside!"

Perrie didn't care. She brought the girl to her living room where she put her to stand. Perrie then went to the door and closed it. After that, she met Leigh in the living room again.

Leigh-Anne was folding her hands together in uncertainty. Perrie really just let herself in didn't she?

Perrie put hands in her blazer pockets and started looking around. "Hmm it's really small . . . but cosy." She smiled at Leigh. "Didn't you just move here? It feels homey already."

Leigh-Anne did not understand her fascination. "Yes we just moved here . . ."

"Nice." Perrie walked to the front of the couch and examined the small flat screen on the TV stand. Her eyes then settled on the centre table. She picked up a picture and smiled. "Aww." She made kissy faces at Leigh. "And you deny being a mammy's girl. Isn't this you and your mammy? Look how happy you are. Aww!"