Chapter 21

Cheryl

"Bye Mam" I whisper, hugging her and becoming teary-eyed.

"Stay in touch pet" she replies.

We pull out of the hug and I go and join Kimberley in the car. My Mam, Lily and Garry all wave goodbye as we drive off.

"That went so well" Kimba beams.

I can't help but smile widely. Everything is going so well and I haven't been this happy in ages.

We sing along to the radio on the way back to the hotel, and I spot a McDonalds. I pull in, going through the drive-through.

"Can I take your order please?"

"Hamburger and fries with a banana milkshake please" Kimba says to the woman at the counter.

"Big Mac meal with large fries and a chocolate milkshake, 6 nuggets and a portion of onion rings please" I beam.

The woman looks slightly taken aback by my large order, but doesn't comment.

I hand her the money and we wait for our food. A few minutes later, she comes back with it in paper bags and passes it to me. She now has 4 other girls with her.

"Erm.. I'm not supposed to ask, but could we have autographs?" she says quietly.

"Sure pet!" I smile.

They all hand me their phones and a black sharpie, and I'm surprised to see all of their phone cases have pictures of me on.

"Aye, so you're a group of me soldiers?" I ask as I sign them all.

"Yes! I've loved you for so long, you're so amazing and I love your music, you're such an inspiration to me!" one rambles, and I smile at her.

"We're a bit obsessed!"

"You always make me smile!"

I turn one of the phones on and smile, seeing the lockscreen is also a picture of me. I slide the screen up, putting on the inside camera and leaning out of the car window.

"Come take a selfie with us" I say, and they take it in turns leaning in as I take a few pictures.

I hand back the phones and I hear the person behind me in the queue beeping their car horn, impatient.

"I never got your names pet"

"Roma!"

"Julie!"

"Danielle!"

"Jade!"

"Patrycja!"

"Well it was lovely to meet you all! See you later!" I say, winking, and drive off. Meeting my fans makes me so happy.

*****

Kimberley

I think I'm going to explode. I sit in silence, just watching the happy and concentrated look on Cheryl's face as she drives. She was so cute with her fans, I'm not sure if I can handle it.

So many celebrities just brush off their fans, but she makes time for every single one. She truly has a heart of pure gold and it shows. I'm so proud to call her mine.

We arrive at the hotel and check in, taking our food and suitcases up into our room. Luckily, there are no paparazzi waiting, but I know there will be tomorrow when we leave.

"What room are we?" I ask.

"Erm.. 669"

I can't help but giggle childishly to myself. This could be fun.