Chapter 33

Cheryl

I wake up to the alarm clock beeping obnoxiously loudly in my ear. I groan, rolling over and looking at the time. 3.30 AM. It takes me a few minutes to realise what's going on and I begin to buzz with excitement. Today's the day that me and Kimba go to Barcelona.

I turn the alarm off andturn to Kimba, shaking her awake.

"We"re going on holidayyyyy!!" I squeal, as she squints and rubs her eyes.

I hop out of bed, turning on the bedroom light. Kimba grumbles as her eyes adjust to the sudden bright light, and I go into the kitchen, turning the kettle on. I make us both some eggs and toast, and put it on a tray with the cups of tea. I take it all back into the bedroom, where Kimba's hiding under the duvet still.

"Come on sleepyhead, I've bought breakfast! The taxi will be here in about an hour"

She slowly pulls the duvet off of her head, and sits up when she sees the egg and toast. We both eat breakfast in silence, too tired to make any conversation. My body isn't awake yet, but my mind is racing at the speed of light, so excited. My first holiday with Kimba, and it's going to be absolutely perfect, I can just tell.

*****

Kimberley

Cheryl is so excited and it's making me laugh. She's jumping about all over the place, way too enthusiastically for someone who's awake at 4 in the morning. 

We both get ready, just in jumpers and leggings for the flight, and before we know it, our taxi has arrived. We drag our suitcases outside, making sure to lock the front door behind us. We put them into the boot and get in the taxi, and Cheryl squeezes my hand in excitement. 

Our ears begin to pop as the plane takes into the sky. We both look out of the window and the buildings and people of LA become smaller and smaller, everything shrinking beneath us as the plane gets higher and higher in the air. Cheryl still has a huge smile across her face, and is jumping around like a small child who's had too many sweets.

"Ahh Kimba, I can't wait! The beach is lovely, and there's some really nice places I have to take you! I have it all planned out, it's going to be so fun!" she beams, and I smile at her. She stares out of the window once again, watching as the clouds go by. Quickly, I pull my phone out and snap a picture of Cheryl, watching out of the window with excitement all over her face.

"Oi, what you doing taking pictures of me?" she asks, a little pout on her face.

I giggle at her, kissing her pouted lips gently. She wraps her arms around my neck and begins kissing me deeper. She quickly stops, sitting up in her seat at looking towards the frnt of the plane, as if seeing how long the toilet queue is.

"Ever wanted to join the mile high club?" she purrs into my ear, and I nearly die of shock.

"Cheryl! We can't, that queue is massive! There will be people waiting to get in, and if we get caught? They can ban us from using the airline! How will we get home?"

At that moment, an Air Stewardess walks past.

"Excuse me?" Cheryl asks "Is there another toilet, or is that the only one?"

"There's another one at the back of the plane, but nobody ever seems to realise! Pop in there if you want, but keep it a secret or there will be two massive queues!" she smiles and walks away.

Oh god.

Cheryl abruptly stands up, forcing me up with her.

"Come on scaredy pants!" she giggles quietly to me, and takes my hand. We walk to the back of the plane hand in hand, giggling like two naughtly school girls.

The walk back from the toilet to our seats is one of the weirdest experiences ever. An old couple scowl at us. A mother smirks at us. A teenage girl winks at me and gives me a thumbs up, whatever that's supposed to mean. My cheeks glow bright red, and everyone makes it VERY clear that we weren't quiet. At all.

"That's something to cross off the bucket list" Cheryl laughs. She's completely unphased and finds the whole situation truly hilarious.

The Air Stewardess walks past as again, and gives us a wink. It then sinks in that she knew exactly why Cheryl asked for another bathroom. Cheeky cow.

"I think we're famous now, everyone on the flight must know me name the way you were screaming it!" Cheryl laughs, and I cringe.

"Cheryl, it's not funny, it's embarrasing!" I whine, putting my head in my hands.

"You had no shame ten minutes ago when you when pressed up against that sink!"

I sigh, giving in and deciding to drop the subject; she's only going to wind me up more.

"Awww, cheer up Kimba" she coos, pinching my cheek "We can always go again on the flight back!"

Lord help me.