Chapter 51

Cheryl

It's been a week and we haven't heard anything back from the police yet. Things are slowly but surely getting better.

Kimba's gone from pushing me away to clinging to me like crazy, needing to be with me all of the time. It was a bit annoying to start with, but I don't mind it, I love getting so much attention from her. I also love letting her know how much I love her.

She's getting better and braver every day, her bruises healing and having less nightmares. The only thing stressing her, the both of us, is the fact we're still waiting to find out how the police are going to deal with Ashley.

I go into the living room with two steaming cups of tea.

"Here ya go babe" I say, handing Kimba her's and putting mine on the table. Her mobile begins ringing, and she looks at it confused.

"Unknown number" she says, and answers it.

I watch her facial reaction and try to hear what the person on the other end is saying. I hear the word Ashley and I realise that it must be the police letting her know what's happening.

I feel my heart beat quicken and look at her face, she seems shocked. She says "Okay" every now and again and is at a loss for words. At the end she says goodbye, and puts the phone down.

"What did they say?" I ask nervously.

She looks into my eyes, and tears stream down her cheeks.

"He admitted it. He's going to jail, we don't have to go to court. It's all over"

****

Kimberley

The next ten minutes are filled with tears, laughs and hugs. I can't believe it. After everything that's happened, I truly didn't believe that he would admit it. I didn't let myself believe that anything good could happen. I'm so happy, I feel like bursting.

I pull out of the hug and wipe my tears, watching Cheryl do the same. She has a beautiful smile on her face, and I feel like the time is right. I've been holding back from asking her all week, but the timing couldn't be more perfect.

"Cheryl?"

"Yes?"

"I was wondering, because of what's happened recently.. well I wuld have askd you anyway, but you've recently been so supportive, and I was just wondering.."

"Babe, spit it out" she smiles.

"Would you maybe like to buy a place of our own?"

She freezes, looking at me shocked.

"Well.. yes. Of course, yes" she says, breaking out in a massive smile, gorgeous dimples showing.

I smile back at her, pulling her in for a long romantic kiss.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

"Are you sure you want to buy your own house though? With me?" she says, doubting herself as usual.

"Of course I do silly. Why wouldn't I?"

"Well what if.. what if I get bored of you and want to go?" she smirks cheekily. I smile back.

"Then I guess I'll have to make you stay."

The End.