Chapter 27

Cheryl

When I wake up, the first thing I notice is that Kimba isn't beside me. I stretch and yawn, getting out of bed slowly. Poor thing, I hate not being able to sleep, it drives me mad. Plus she already has a lot on her mind.

I go into the kitchen and put the kettle on, making two cups of tea and two rounds of toast for us. Putting it all on a tray, I go into the living room but it's empty. Where the hell is Kim?

Frantically, I put down the tray and look in every room in the small flat, just to make sure. She's not home.

I fumble around in my bag, pulling out my phone and calling her instantly. My heart drops as I hear her phone ringing from her handbag in the bedroom.

Sh!t.

****

Kimberley

I wake up suddenly, my eyes snapping open as I sit bolt upright. I come face to face with a young girl and slowly take in my surroundings. I realise I'm in a park on a bench, and remember the previous night. I must have fallen asleep on a random bench, and I feel like an idiot.

I'm still being stared at by a girl and I guess she must have woken me up.

"Sorry.. you were shivering in your sleep and I wondered if you wanted some money?" she says shyly.

I blush, realising she thinks I'm homeless.

"No, I'm fine thanks, I just fell asleep here.. I should be getting home" I say getting up, and she blushes.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry.."

"It's fine! I probably look homeless right now!" I laugh.

I look her up and down. She has gorgeous blue eyes and the most amazing curly hair, and I can't help but notice how nice her eyeliner flicks are. Impressive.

She smiles awkwardly at me and I smile back.

"Thanks again" I say and she smiles and walks off. I turn around and walk back home in the opposite direction. I never got to ask her name.

I get back to the flat and realise that I left my keys inside. I check the time on my ipod and see that it's 10am, Cheryl must be up by now. I knock on the door, and within seconds it flies open.

Cheryl pulls me into a bone-crushing hug, and I just stand there, shocked.

She pulls away and I notice she has tears in her eyes.

Turning around, I close the front door, and she suddenly begins to fire me with questions.

"Where the hell did you go?" she demands to know.

"I went for a run in the early hours and fell asleep on a park bench" I explain.

"I was worried sick, I didn't know what to think! How could you just leave like that and not tell us! I didn't know what had happened to you!" she screams at me.

I stare at her, shocked into submission.

"I wasn't gone for long, chill out! I'm here now, it's fine"

"No it's not fine! I was so worried!"

I sigh, getting bored of all of this shouting.

"What were you so stressed about? That I would do a runner?" I say sarcastically.

"You could have done! You could have gone back to live with your Mum like you said you would! Or thrown yourself under a train!" She screams and I feel like she's just slapped me.

"What the fu!k is wrong with you?" I whisper, fuming.

"Or maybe you had somewhere else to be? Is that it?" she says raising her voice again, a new look of fear and hurt in her eyes.

"What are you on about now?"

"I'm just saying, it's a bit odd to be sleeping on park benches, unless you have somewhere else to be sleeping"

I can't believe this.

"Are you accusing me of cheating on you?" I scream at her.

"Well what else am I supposed to think, huh?"

"You're supposed to trust me!"

She spins around, storming into the kitchen and on to the balcony, slamming the door shut behind her.

I stomp into the bedroom, stripping naked and crawling into bed, suddenly exhausted.

As I fall asleep, her words slowly hit me one by one, over and over again. By the time I fall asleep, my pillow is wet with tears.