Chapter 13

Cheryl

I spend the week leading up to christmas winding Kimba up. I know exactly what I'm going to get her for christmas and I really want it to be worthwhile, so I have to build up to it.

We both go shopping on Christmas Eve to get the presents, splitting up. I wonder what she's going to get me and for the first time in forever, I feel excited.

We meet up again for lunch, getting sandwiches and hot chocolate, hugging each other whilst we eat. I'm so relieved that we're in LA, I'd never be able to do this back in England, the paparazzi would be all over me.

Once we're both done, I drive us back to Kim's house, singing cheesy christmas songs in the car from a cd that we bought.

When we get back, we both go and hide our gifts and I can't help but smile to myself. She's gonna love it.

We settle down and just watch some tv for a while and I decide to wind Kimba up some more. I crawl on top of her suddenly, and she looks confused as I begin to kiss her slowly and passionately. It quickly becomes more heated, and I feel her hands on my back, up the back of my shirt. I slip my hand up her top, slowly sliding it further upwards until I reach her bra. I run my finger along the bottom of the bra cup, and she groans quietly, wanting me to continue. Her tongue reaches desperately inside my mouth, and I know how easy it would be for me to move my hand into her bra, I want it as much as she does, but I can't. I know I have to control myself, I can't ruin it now. I quickly pull away from her, standing up and she looks at me, shocked and slightly hurt.

I bend down to her, out faces close and simply purr into her ear "Tomorrow".

I strut into the kitchen with a smirk on my face, leaving her looking shocked still lying on the sofa.

Damn, she wants me bad.

When I go back in to the living room with two cups of tea, Kim's curled up and fast asleep. I bend down and pick her up, cradling her in my arms like a baby.

Carrying her into bed is more tricky than I thought it would be, but i manage it. I crawl into bed beside her and pull the duvet over both of us, not caring that we're both fully dressed still. I switch the light of and cuddle close to her, and she sleepily puts her arm around my middle, hugging me in her sleep.

I take a moment to just look at her and watch her sleeping, so calm and beautiful.

I kiss her lightly on the nose and drift off to sleep.

****

Kimberley

"Kimba Kimba Kimba!!"

I hear Cheryl shouting and jumping on me and I wake up suddenly, panicking.

"What's wrong?"

She giggles, pulling me into a hug.

"IT'S CHRISTMAS!" She yells, and I can't help but laugh, relieved she's okay.

She pulls me out of bed and into the living room, running into the kitchen, coming back with two bowls. She passes one to me and I look at her like she's mad.

"Mince pies.. for breakfast?"

"Yes Kimba! It's christmas!"

I can't help but smile. Her whole face is lit up like a christmas tree itself and she's acting like an excited 5 year old. I've never seen her this happy and I love it, her energy and happiness radiating.

We watch christmas films for ages, curled up under blankets. Chez acts like an excited kid all day and it makes me so happy to see her like this.

It's so weird to me. Last year I spent christmas alone, I didn't even realise the date properly and I was desperately lonely. But when I was back with my family in England, we went all out, a massive tree, loads of presents, a big dinner.

This year me and Cheryl only have each other. There's no big tree, one present for each other and mince pies with pizza for dinner. But I'm so, so happy with it, the day is just perfect.

It begins to get dark and I decide that it's time to exchange presents.

"Present time?" I ask, and a cheeky grin flashes across her face.

"Yes!" she calls out, and runs into the bedroom.

She comes back 5 minutes later, holding nothing. I'm confused, but I don't comment. I lean over to my bag, pulling out the small black box. This is it.

"You first?" she says, and I give her the box.

"I know it might be a bit soon, and I don't want to rush, but I just thought..." I trail off as she opens the box and gasps, her eyes overflowing with tears as she holds the key in her hand.

"Do you want to move in with me?"

She bursts into tears and hugs me tightly.

"I would love that"