13

After dinner, Jaebum showered with Jinyoung's voice still ringing in his head. He really couldn't understand how he had such talent and wanted to hide it, but that was neither here nor there. Mark seemed to be right about waiting for Jinyoung to come around himself, so Jaebum just decided that he'll wait.

He had gotten so much inspiration though, that when he went back to his room he tugged on just some sweatpants and immediately grabbed his songbook to start writing out some lyrics and melodies. He perched himself on the edge of his bed as he wrote what he felt in his heart for the last few days, of course not referencing Jinyoung directly, but definitely writing about him in the song. He started humming to himself and singing some words out loud, forming an entire track in his head. He really wished he had brought his equipment, but carrying around a laptop, microphone, and keyboard everywhere was kinda weird and burdensome. Maybe not the laptop so much, but definitely a whole keyboard and mic.

At least he remembers the notes though, and he wrote them down to reference them when he gets back home. He wanted to work on this song immediately, especially since it meant so much to him. He was so caught up in his work that he hadn't noticed the figure standing in his doorway, watching him concentrate on his writing. Jaebum did eventually look up though, finally noticing Jinyoung there watching him.

Jinyoung blinked as if he were in a trace, realizing that he'd just be caught staring. "U-Uh, sorry..."

Jaebum smiled, shaking his head. "No worries. I didn't see you standing there until now."

Jinyoung looked down at the songbook in Jaebum's lap. Or maybe he was looking at Jaebum's bare chest. It was hard to tell from the distance he was standing at. "So... still working on those songs, huh..."

Jaebum nodded, raising up his book. "I get inspiration everywhere. I need to have this with me almost 24/7."

Jinyoung nodded, looking as if he wanted to step further into the room, but respectfully keeping his distance. "That's cool. I mean like, the fact that you can make songs anywhere without equipment. You must've studied really hard."

Jaebum chuckled lightly. "I did. I went to school for music, I really wanted to become good at it. You can come in, y'know."

Jinyoung hesitated before taking a few steps into the room, looking a bit awkward, but in a cute way. "I went to school but... it wasn't for me..."

"So you're a drop out?" Jaebum asked, happy that Jinyoung was beginning to open up a bit more.

Jinyoung shrugged. "I guess. If that's what they call it. That's bad though, isn't it?"

Jaebum shook his head. "Not necessarily. They make it seem like you have to go to school to be something. Yet there are celebrities that are only like, 8 years old and they already have their life set up for them. I honestly didn't want to go myself, but there was no way I could learn music without it."

"You could teach yourself." Jinyoung stated.

Jaebum shrugged. "I guess. But that's hard and would take a long time."

"So because of you're laziness you went to school?" Jinyoung asked, dissing Jaebum in the middle of his question.

"Hey I'm not lazy. I'm just bad at doing things by myself. I'm that person that reads the instructions manual, y'know?" Jaebum explained.

Jinyoung made a face of disgust. "Oh, you're that guy."

Jaebum chuckled. "And what's wrong with being that guy?"

"That's lame. Who ever reads the instructions? Just do shit yourself." Jinyoung said, obviously being the opposite type.

"Lame? But you called me cool just a few minutes ago." Jaebum pointed out.