Chapter 9 - Friends Again 🌼

Upasana's phone rang for the 3rd time. She was too lazy to get up from the bed and pick that up. She at last went to the table and picked up the phone. That was an unknown number.

"Hallo."

"You still have the number. I thought you may be changed it.", The male voice came.

Upasana recognised the voice and said, "Because of you I didn't change the number or how can you'll call me."

"Ayhy ab itna romantic bhi maat ho.", Darshan said dramatically.

Upasana chuckled. "Now tell why do you called??", Upasana asked.

"Without any reason.", Darshan said.

"Darshan can I call you later actually I'm very sleepy.", Upasana said.

"Sleepy?? It's 8:02 of morning right now. I thought people normally weak up at this time."
"Yeah I know. Actually I worked for the whole night. So now I'm going to sleep.", Upasana explained.

"Oh. Ok go and sleep. Mere ullu.", Darshan said.

"Ullu?", Upasana raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah ullu only stay aweak for the whole night and then sleep in the morning. So you are a ullu."

"Haha how funny now bye.", Upasana said with a fake smile.

Darshan laughed and said, "Bye"
Upasana chuckled and went to the bed.

* * *

After that, They started talking everyday. Sometimes in voice call or sometimes over massages.

22th September, 2022

"Neha", Upasana ran to Neha.

"What?", Neha asked without looking at her from the laptop screen.

"I need your help.", Upasana said.

"Farmaiye.", Neha still didn't looked at her.

"Please help me to wear this.", Upasana said.

Neha was not just paying attention. "Neha...", Upasana called again.

"Listen yarr I'm saying something.", She added.

"Yeah.", Now Neha looked at her.
"Help me to wear this.", Upasana said again. Neha saw a saari in her hand.

"You gonna wear this in the party?", Neha asked.

Upasana nodded and said, "I thought let's wear something traditional. And you know I can't make it alone. So help me."

"Ok fine. I'm sending a mail after that I'll do.", Neha said and again looked at her laptop.

* * *

"You're phone is buzzing.", Neha said to Upasana.

"I know.", She cut the phone.
It rang again and Upa cut the phone again. Neha was helping her to wear the saari. Actually Upasana was doing nothing, Neha was doing everything. Her phone rang again.

"Pick up the phone yar. May be it's urgent.", Neha said in irritation."by the way who's that?", She asked.

"Arey it's Darshan. And I know he has nothing important to say."
Neha slowly looked at her and said, "he's calling repeatedly. Pick up."

"Ok", and Upasana picked up the phone.

"What?", She asked after picking up the call.

"Didn't you go to the school? You have to say hallo first.", Darshan said.

"Look Darshan I'm very busy. I don't have any time for your bakwas."

"And why are you so busy madam?"

"I'm getting ready."

"For what? Your wedding?", Darshan chuckled.

"Shut up. I told you na we have a success party for our new project."

Upasana was moving continuously while talking in the phone.

"Stand straight Upa.", Neha scolded her because she was making the pleats. Upasana stopped moving.

"Who's that?", Darshan asked as he heard the voice.

"That's Neha. Actually I don't know how to wear saari. So she's the one who can help me now."

"Oh Neha.", Darshan said slowly.

"What's this, 'oh Neha'. Pehli baar naam suna hai keya?"

"No I didn't talk to her for so long. Accha listen can I ask you something?"

"Of course ask na."

"Can you please give me Neha's number?", Darshan asked.

"Of co..", Upasana stopped and looked at Neha. A smile came on her face.

"Of course. I'll WhatsApp you."

"Ok."

"Ok Bye. I have to go now."

"Bye. Have fun." Upasana hung up the phone and looked at Neha. She's smiling continuously. Neha looked at her and raised her eyebrows.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

"Nothing. Where's my earrings?"

"On the dressing table.", Neha pointed.

Upasana got ready and asked Neha,"am I looking good?"

Neha smiled and nodded.

"Ok. if you want you can stay or you can go back bass tala laga dena.", Upasana said.

Neha nodded and Upasana left for the party.