Chapter 40 - It's The Day 🌼

"Am I  looking good?", Neha asked this question for the 5th time.

"No you're looking very bad.", Upasana said in anger.

"Ahhhhh", Neha whined.

"So what will I say? I told you for several time that, yes Neha you're looking very pretty.", Upasana said.

Neha smiled widely said, "Sacchi?"

Upasana showed her angry eyes.
Neha stopped smiling said, "Accha ok. I'll not ask this again."
She chuckled and looked at the mirror.

"You sit here, I'm checking what's going on outside.", Upasana said and left. Neha was not fully ready, she didn't wear her jewelries yet, because she found it very heavy.

She was playing with her red painted nails when she heard some of her neighbours were talking outside of her room. Because the door was open she could hear properly.

"I don't know how Bina (Neha's mother) allowed this marriage.", The women in green saari said.

"Ha I was thinking about that. If I was in her place I would never allow this.", The lady in front of her said.

"His culture is also totally different from us. Or kehte hai celebrity hai, mujhe to insab logo par bilkul bharosa na hota. Paata nehi pehle kitne larkio ke sath chakkar tha iska."

And after hearing to this line Neha's blood boiled in anger.

She stood up from her seat and directly went to them. As she stood in front of them they stopped talking and looked at her. They passed a big smile to her.

"I respect you lot dear aunty jis. But don't criticize anyone without knowing them.", Neha said in anger.

"Arey Neha beta we're toh telling because of your good.", The green saari lady said.

"My parents are there to do that, they know what's good for you. You please stop worrying about me and started worrying about your own children.", Neha said and went to her room again and shut the door in their faces.

Her body was trembling in anger, tears rolled down from her eyes. She sat on the chair and started breathing heavily.

Her eyes became red due to lot of cry. At that moment her phone rang. Without checking the name she picked up the phone.

"Hallo.", She said in a broken voice.

"Ha...Neha!", Darshan's voice came.
"Are you crying?", He asked.

Neha wiped her tears and said, "No, I'm fine."

"Why do you even try when you can't lie properly? Now tell me what happened?", Darshan asked.

His sweet voice made her cry again. Neha covered her mouth tried to cry silently but failed.

"Neha, hey what happened? Yell me. Is everything ok? You're scaring me plz tell.", Darshan panicked.

Neha stopped crying and told him what happened.

"It made me so angry, believe me I wanted to..", The anger was clear visible in her voice.
After listing to her words Darshan smile.

"You know you sounded so cute in anger.", Darshan said.

"Darshan...", Neha whined.

"Accha clam down. Log to kuch kahenge hi, you don't have take it seriously na. It's okk.", He said.

Neha took a breath and hummed.

"Now stop crying, in few hours we're going to get married. Tum Rona band Karo or log bolenge ki saadi se pehle hi kitna rula Raha hai Dekho, bechari ko.", Darshan said dramatically.