Chapter 12 - She Lied 🌼

"So that's how I found her.", Upasana stopped.

She was narrating the whole story. They were sitting on the beach. Darshan was listing to everything very carefully then he spoke, "It's amazing. I'm happy that finally you found her and then I found you guys."

Upasana looked at him and they smiled at each other.

"Look at this wristlet.", Upasana raised her hand in front of Darshan's face and said, "It was gifted by Neha. Every year she kept sending me gifts on my Kolkata's address. The first year after she left, she sent this. And it's everything for me. If it's with me I felt like she's with me."
Upasana said everyone with a smile.

"It's beautiful.", Darshan said while looking at the wristlet.

"Hai na. I know. Akhir pasand kiski hai??"

"Tumhari?", Darshan asked.

"Of course not. Neha ki."

"Oh", Darshan nodded.

"Duffer!!", Upasana uttered.

They became quite after that. They both were staring at the sky. The sun was sitting down. The sky was became orange. The cold wind was touching there face slowly. Upasana turned her face and looked at Darshan. He was looking at the water of the see. After a second Darshan looked at her and found she's already looking at him with a smile on her face.

"What?", He asked.

Upasana nodded negatively.

"Tell me if you wanna say something.", He said and looked at the sea again.

"You know what I like to spend time with you.", Upasana uttered after a while. That made Darshan look at her.

"Yeah I mean it's nice.", She said.

"Kahi tumhe mujhse pyaar vyaar toh nehi ho gaya na?", Darshan asked with a teasing smile.

Upasana's stop smiling and said, "Darshan!! You boys are same yaar. Tum logo ke dimag me sirf ek hi baat ghumti hai.", Upasana said and turned her face away.
Darshan laughed. Upasana took out her phone and checked the time, 6:07pm.

"Let's go. It's late.", Upasana stood up.

"Why? It's nice. Sit some more time na.", Darshan said.

"No. Neha will be back after a while. Let's go.", Upasana started walking to the bike. Darshan was still sitting on the sand.

Upasana's phone rang. That's Neha. She once looked ta Darshan then picked up the call.

"Ha Neha."

"Where are you yarr?? I was trying to call you for a long. I drop massages also."

"Actually network is very bad here.", Upasana said.

"Where are you?", Neha asked.

"I'm..", Upasana looked at Darshan who's walking to her.

"I'm with one of my friend. Actually I was getting bore so we came...", Upasana lied.

"Oh okk. Actually I came home. That's why I call you.", Upasana said.

"Upasana..", Darshan shouted and ran to her. Upasana put her index finger on her lips and tried to say him 'keep quite'.

"Hallo", Neha's voice came from other side.

"Ha hallo. Ok I'm coming back wait for me ok."

"Ok", Neha said.

"Ok bye.", Upasana said and hung up the phone. She let out a breath in relief. But she didn't realize that Neha heard Darshan's voice.

"What happened?", Darshan asked.

"Nothing let's go. I'm hungry.", Upasana said.

"Ok let's go", they got up to the bike.

* * *

Darshan stopped the bike in front of Upasana's house and got down from that.

"It's very fun today Darshan. I enjoyed a lot. And the food was very tasty. Thank you.", Upasana said with a smile.

"Welcome.", Darshan smiled back.

He stepped towards her house.
"Where are you going?", Upasana asked all of a sudden, making Darshan confuse.

"Tumhara ghar, or Kaha?"

"Abaa..ba..kuy??", Upasana asked.

"What kuy?", Darshan narrowed his eyebrows.

"Ah, actually I'm very sleepy. So I'm gonna sleep now.", Upasana said. "So, you go to your home. See you tomorrow!!", She added and literally pushed him to the bike.

"Bye!!", She pushed a smile and said.

"Bye!", Darshan was still confused.

As he left Upasana felt relief. Then she went inside of her house. She saw Neha was sitting on the couch and doing something in her laptop. As Upasana entered she looked at her then again looked at the screen.

"Hi", Upasana uttered and sat next to her.

"Hi, have fun?",Neha asked.

"Yes, so much."

"I'm happy that you made new friends here in such a short time.", Neha said. Upasana's facial expressions changed.
Neha pushed her glass a little bit from her nose then looked at Upasana, who faked a smile and nodded. Neha also smiled.