Chapter 36 - She 🌼

"I wanna say something to you.", Darshan said.

"What?", Upasana asked after a while.

Darshan took a deep breath and asked, "How can you do this to me Upasana?"

Upasana was totally confused. She didn't know what she did.

"I did? What...I did?", She asked back.

"Yes you did. How can you did this? I didn't expect this from you.", Darshan asked in disappointment.

Upasana was standing in front of him with a open mouth.

"You only gifted Neha all those beautiful dresses and what about me?", He asked in a serious tone.

It took a little bit more time for Upasana to understand what he said. Then she chuckled, "What? God Darshan, I thought it was really something serious. Oh!!"

Darshan smiled feebly then again said, "It's not fair. You can't do this."

"Someone is really jealous ha.", Upasana asked and walked to the kitchen.

"Yes if course I'm.", Darshan said.

"Don't be.", Upasana said while taking out the bottle of coffee.

"So what will you give me as a gift?", Darshan asked.

"Kitne besharm ho yaar tum. I thought to gift you pairs of shoes.", Upasana said.

"Wah beta Neha ko dresses and mujhe joote!!", Darshan commented.

Upasana laughed, "That's what you love the most darling."

He laughed and sat down on the couch.

* * *

Upasana came with two cups of coffee to the terrace. Darshan was standing, gazing at the stars.

"Um", Upasana gave the cup to him.

"Thank you.", Darshan said and took that.

They were sipping coffee silently when Darshan spoke while looking at the sky, "Am I taking the right step?"

Upasana looked at him and asked, "What are you talking about?"

"About this marriage.", He looked at her. "Am I ready for this? Should I do this?", He added.

"What do you mean? You're the one how wanted to do this.", Upasana said.

"Yeah I know, but right now I'm thinking again should I do this? I'm still confused.", Darshan rubbed the back side of his neck.

"Darshan 3 din me tumhari Saadi hai. How can you say all these things now? Look don't think to take any kind of steps.", Upasana warned.

"Arey nehi yaar. What will I do.", He took a sip of his coffee.

"It's natural, you're just tensed and nervous nothing else. Hota hai hota hai don't worry.", Upasana said.

Darshan looked at her and said, "Tu to ayse bol rahi jayse tune bohot baar Saadi Kiya hai, hota hai."

Upasana glanced at him, "Shut up. I know, it's natural. Calm down. Everything will be fine."

"You're sure na?", Darshan asked.
Upasana nodded with a big smile.

Darshan looked at the sky again, "Don't know!", He let out a deep breath.

His phone rang. He took out his phone from his pocket and saw a video call was coming from Neha.

He swiped the answer icon.
"Ha!", He said.

"Darsh I need your help. It's so urgent.", Neha said in a breath. Upasana chuckled because Neha's urgency was never urgent.

"What happened?", Darshan asked.

"Look at this necklace. Is it ok? Or this is more nice?", Neha showed him two necklaces.

He smiled a little then made his way out of the terrace while saying,
"I think the right one is more nice."

"Oh, not the left one?", She asked again.

"Arey that was also nice. But you don't need all this, tum to ayse hi beautiful ho.", He smiled.

"Darsh please be serious.", Neha made a puppy face.

"Arey I'm serious."

Upasana smiled and said to herself, "Raha nehi jaata or bolte hai 'I'm confused'", she chuckled and looked at the sky again.

* * *

8th December, 2022

Darshan and his family just landed to Kolkata. Upasana also came with them. Neha's father and some other relatives of her came to pick them up from the airport.

After near 20 minutes they reached to her house. As Upasana walked in she saw Neha's mother and she ran to her. They hugged each other and then her mother came to Darshan's family.
Darshan smiled at her then touched her feet.

The two families started gritted eachother. Darshan rolled his eyes all around, because he was searching for someone.

Then he felt a nudge. He looked back and saw Upasana, standing with a teasing smile.

"Kisse dund raha hai?", She asked.

"Kissi ko to nehi. I was just looking at all these things.", Darshan said.

"Ok dekhte raho.", Upasana pressed her lips to hide the smile.

She turned to leave when Darshan stopped her, "Arey Upasana listen na."

"Bolo.", She asked.

"Where is she?", Darshan asked in a low voice.

"Who she?", She asked back.
Darshan showed his eyes like "She".

"Oh aunty? She is there look.", Upasana pointed to a direction.

"Upa...", But Upasana cut him off.

"Aunty!!", She called loudly.

Neha's mother looked at them.

"Aunty Darshan was looking for you.", Upasana said. Darshan gave her a death glance.

Her mother came to them.
"What happened Beta? Do you need something?", Her mother asked politely.

"No no. I'm fine. I'm just asking how are you?", Darshan smiled.
Upasana chuckled and left from there.