Chapter 34 - He Never Came 🌼

2nd December, 2022
Kolkata,

The whole house was fully decorated with flowers and lights. Everyone was running, so busy. Children were playing because they only came to have fun. The teenage boys and girls were laughing and taking selfies, they and their social media life.

Aunties were gossiping about who ran away from house and who was still not getting married. Uncles were discussing about their business and politics.

The mother of the bride was running here and there, the most busy and tensed person of this house.

"Salini what are you doing, you're still not ready. Go and get ready.", She scolded one of her younger sister-in-law.

"Ramesh Bhai zara jaldi kariye na, ladkewale aate hi honge.", She said to the man who was still decorating the balcony with lights.

"Ha ha bass ho gaya.", He said.

She went to her daughter's room. As she opened the room she saw her one and only daughter was sitting in front of the large sized mirror and wearing her earrings.

"Di, help me na.", Now she's struggling with the heavy weighted necklace.
Her mother smiled and walked to her.

"Is it too heavy?", Her mother asked. Neha looked at her mother through the mirror and nodded 'yes' making a puppy face. She helped her daughter to fix the necklace.

"It's ok, merawala isse bhi heavy tha.", She said.

Her mother held her face by the chin and said, "You're looking very pretty."

Neha smiled and hugged her mother.
After breaking the hug her mother placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Wear the rest of them. They are about to reach.", And her mother left the room. Neha looked at the reflection of her on the mirror.

She couldn't understand the recent feelings of her. She was nervous, scared, but happy. She looked at the clock, if felt like it just stopped ticking. The time was not just passing. She couldn't believe that the day came which she always dreamt of.

"Oh Ms. Bride", a bunch of Neha's cousins came to the room.

"How are you feeling ms. Bride?", Rimi, her elder cousin sister asked.

"Or we can ask would be Mrs. Raval, how are you feeling that you're going to married the hottest guy of this nation?", Diya, the younger cousin sister asked.

"Diya!!", Neha showed eyes to her naughty sister.

"Arey keya galat bola maine? You've to accept that my jiju is sooooooo hottttt.", Diya said and everyone laughed, Neha blushed.

"Someone is blushing so hard!!", Everyone shouted.

"Guys stop it.", Neha said trying hard to hide her blush but the smile was not just leaving her face.

"Ab avi jao jiju jaldi, hamari Di se or na intezar ho Raha.", Diya said dramatically.

"Accha wait I'm checking, ki where is my hott jiju.", She said. Neha glanced at her and Diya left the room while laughing.

Rimi came and started adjusting Neha's dupatta. "Nervous??", Rimi asked.

Neha looked at her and said, "Yes."

"It's normal. Don't worry. It happened to me also. But the plus point is you know Darshan from a long time but in my case your jiju was totally unknown person for me because ours was an arrange marriage. So just relax, everything will be fine.", Rimi stroked her hair and passed a warm smile.