Chapter 39 - Haldi 🌼

"Neha, nehaaaa!!!", Someone knocked on the door. Neha sat on the bed with half open eyes and went to the door, before that she looked at the clock, 2:30 am.

She opened the door and found Upasana in front of her.

"Upa? What are you doing in the middle of the night?", Neha asked while rubbed her eyes.

"We have some problem.", Upasana said.

"Problem?", Neha asked.

"Yes, aunty told to call you. So I came.", Upasana informed.

"What problem?", Neha asked again.

"I don't know that. You go to the living room. You're parents are there.", Upasana said.

Neha became tensed. She ran to the living room. It was all dark. She walked in and about to turn on the lights then some yellow and blue fairy lights went on.
And there was written 'bride to be' on the wall. Neha smiled widely. Her all friends including Upasana came out.

"Guys what's all these?", Neha asked with a chuckle.

"Because from tomorrow you'll enter in a new phase of your life so it's just little farewell from this phase of your life.", Megha said.

"It looks so beautiful.", Neha said while looking all around to the room.

"Let's cut the cake.", Riya said.

They all walked to the mini table and cut the chocolate cake.

"In the middle of the night you guys planned a farewell party for me.", Neha smiled and cut the cake. The feed eachother the cake. There are tears in Neha's eyes.

"Hey what happened? Tu abhi tak gayi nehi don't worry.", Megha said with a chuckle.

"Shut up.", Neha wiped her tears.

"Arey arey someone is getting really emotional.", Megha hugged her. Then everyone joined them in the hug.

"I'm gonna miss you guys.", Neha said.

"We're not going anywhere, we're right here beside you.", Upasana said.

"Mere gifts?", Neha asked in a broken voice. Her all friends exchanged looks.

"Aankse aansu tapak rahe hai lekin phir bhi gifts cahiye.", Megha said.

"Ha I want my farewell gifts." Neha smiled.

"Nehi hai. Darshan mil raha hai na, khus rahe.", Srija one of her friend who was Darshan's fan also, said. Neha laughed.

"Aww Srija don't be upset." Neha pulled her nose.

"Sri ko bohot dukh hai that you're getting married with Darshan.", Riya said. Srija made a sad face. Neha laughed again.

* * *

11th December, 2022

Today was the 'Haldi' because the wedding was happening in Bengali tradition so it's 'Gaye Holud'. From the morning everyone got dressed up nicely and started the rituals. Neha was waiting in her room for the bowl of haldi which will come from 'Ladkewale'.

In the other side Darshan was ready in the yellow kurta.

"Don't apply too much.", He pointed to the haldi mixture and said.

His almost every friend came.

"No no we'll not apply too much don't worry.", Kritesh said while looking at his other friends.

"Let's take a pre-haldi selfie, kuy ki isske bad tu pehchan me ayega bhi yea nehi kon jane.", Rahul said while talking out his phone.

"Hey guys yaar please....", Darshan protested.

"Accha ok nehi lagaenge zada. Now come.", Siddharth said and pulled Darshan towards him. They all took lots of selfies. And Kritesh instantly forward the pics to Neha.

* * *

Neha was wearing her flower jewelries when she saw some massages came from Kritesh.
She smiled while swiping left.
Suddenly Diya - her younger cousin - snatched her phone from her hand.

"Diya!", Neha shouted.

"Na na. Saadi hai aaj apki di, or today it's not allowed to see your honewala paati.", Diya smirked.

Neha looked at - her older cousin - Rimi, "Diiiii!!!"

"What, she is right na.", Rimi said taking Diya's side.

"Ok fine.", Neha turned to the mirror again. Her cousins all laughed.

* * *

"Kritesh!!!!! I hate you!!!", Darshan said when Kritesh pored the whole bowl of haldi on his face. Everyone was laughing so hard seeing Darshan's situation.

He couldn't even open his eyes.
He wiped his face with his fingers and then looked properly.
Darshan grabbed some haldi and anointed on his face.

"Ab Teri bhi jaldi saadi ho jayegi don't worry.", Darshan said.

"Arey mujhe bhi koi lagado yaar, I also wanna get married soon.", Rishi said from the other side.

"Despo.", Darshan laughed.
His elders came and anointed haldi of Rishi's face also, who became very happy.

* * *

One by one every elders applied haldi on Neha's face. Then Upasana came.

Neha gave her a no look. She smirked like a devil.

"Maa tell her to not spoil my face.", Neha said.

"Wo Toh Pehle Sehi spoiled Hai Na.", Upasana said and took a little bit of Haldi and applied it on her cheek.

"I don't want that my friend look bad in her wedding pics. Phir Puri Zindegi Mujhe Hi Sunayegi.", Upasana said.

Neha laughed and hugged her. She brushed her cheek on Upasana's and said, "Bhagwan Ab Isski Bhi Saadi Karwado."

"Yuck. No.", Upasana wrinkled her nose.