Chapter 17 - It's Raining 🌼

30th September, 2022

She was just waiting for her friend to come. She looked at the sky, it's covered by black clouds. It seemed like it would rain heavily. As the door opened she ran to the door.

"Hi!", She said with a smile on her face. Neha put her side bag on the table and looked at her best friend who was looking very happy god knows why.

"Hi!", She said back. Upasana came to her and said, "Let's go."

"Where?"

"Arey come na.", Upasana dragged Neha to the roof.

"It will rain today.", Neha said while looking at the sky.

"Yeahhh, I also think so.", Upasana said with a smile.

"Why are you smiling? You toh used to dislike rain na?", Neha asked.

"I still don't like rain. But today I want it to rain."

Upasana looked at Neha who's already smile. "Sangat ka assar!!", Neha added.

And then it started raining. Upasana screamed in joy.

"Upa we're getting wet.", Neha said.

"That's what I want.", She answered. "You love rain I know.
Let's go, bhig te hai!!", She added.
"I have no problem but what if you'll catch cold?"

"Then you'll give me some medicine now let's go."

They started jumping in the rain.
They were dancing like a kid. When they heard a sound of horn. They both peeped from the roof and saw a car was standing in front of the house.

"Who's that?", Upasana asked.

"Arey it's Darshan's car. But what's he doing here?", Neha said. Upasana looked at her.

"You know very well which is Darshan's car?", She raised her eyebrows. "Of course, it's his white Audi."

"Accha??", Upasana was looking at her with suspicious eyes.

"Don't look at me like this.", Neha looked away.

"Tell me any two name of your cars."

"Abaa, wo arey I didn't know. Bhaiya suggested me about all these. You know na I don't know much about cars.", Neha said.

"That's why I'm asking, you don't know your car's name but which is his car you know that very well."

"I know na, I have the blue Audi, my baby.", Neha smiled.

"Ha you only know the one name, Audi."

"What's happening?", The voice made them to look at the door.

They didn't notice when Darshan came and stood there. Upasana and Neha looked at each other.
"Dance is happening. Do you wanna join??", Upasana asked.

"No I..", Darshan was about to say something when Upasana again said, "why I'm even asking? You have to come."

Upasana dragged Darshan also.
"But Upasana...", Darshan tried to stop her but it didn't work.

Neha laughed while seeing them. "Let's nachooo...", Upasana screamed and the two girls started dancing again. Darshan was only watching there madness.

"Oh sir are you waiting for our invitation? Dance!!", Neha said.
Darshan nodded negatively.

"Khadus!!", Neha commented.
Darshan only laughed. "Didi your phone is ringing!!!", Babu shouted from downstairs.

"I'm coming back.", Neha said a d turned to the door.

"Accha chalte hai, duaome Yaad rakhna...", Darshan sang.

"Main maar nehi rahi hu..", Neha glanced and left. Darshan smiled. "Dance??", Upasana said.

Darshan wrinkled his nose.

"ABCD", Upasana said. Darshan nodded and they started dancing.
Neha went to her room, wiped her hands and picked up the call. Roshni called her for something.
Darshan held Upasana's hand and started dancing together, they were laughing and dancing.
"It's true, you're terrible.", Upasana laughed.

"I know!!", He also nodded with a laugh.

Suddenly it started thundering  and fighting. Upasana screamed and hugged Darshan. She hide her face in his chest.

Neha hung up the phone and again walked to the roof.
As she reached to the door she stopped. She saw Upasana and Darshan were hugging each other.

"What happened?", Darshan asked.

"Mujhe daar lagta hai", Upasana said.

Darshan laughed and said, "Chicken"

Upasana looked at him and said, "Don't call me that."

"You are!!", He said.

"No I..", then it again thundered and Upasana hugged him again.
Darshan laughed and slowly rubbed her back.

"You're not right?", Drashan asked with a laugh.

"Shut up.", Upasana uttered.

Neha was watching everything quitely. She was thinking whether she should go or just leave. She was thinking all these when Darshan said, "Oh doctor aa gai aap. Come"

Upasana also looked at her. "No actually you guys carry on I should go.", Neha said.

"Why?", Upasana asked.

"Wo Roshni called me so I have some work.", She lied.

"No work right now. You have to come.", Upasana said and dragged her again.

"But Upa.."

"No buts!!", Upasana said and dragged her to Darshan. "Tum nakhre bohot karti ho", Darshan said. But Neha didn't fight back, she only looked away. Upasana held Neha's hand and started jumping. They were laughing and dancing but no one saw that someone's tears were mixing with the raindrops.

Then Neha sneezed.

"Guys I think now we should go. Or we'll catch cold and look at her she's already started sneezing.", Darshan looked at Neha who sneezed again.

"Yeah let's go.", Upasana said and they all went to downstairs. Neha threw a towel to Darshan. But Darshan threw that her back.

"You need that more.", He said.

"Ek towel nehi hai mere ghar me. I'll get another one, you take.", She gave that to him and he smiled but she didn't. Neha took another towel and started rubbing her hair.

"I think I should go now.", Darshan said.

Upasana came from Neha's room and said, "Neha I have to leave." She already changed her dress.

"Why?", Neha asked.

"I got some work. Mishra called me.", Upasana said.

"Ok come I'm also going to home. I'll drop you.", Darshan said.

"Ok let's go.", Upasana said.

"Bye", Upasana hugged Neha and ran to the main door.

Darshan looked at Neha and said, "Bye" Neha only nodded.

He walked to the door and Neha looked at another direction. Darshan turned around and looked at her but she's looking at another way. Darshan slowly left. Neha ran to her room and sat on the floor because she was still in the wet clothes. She sat there quitely. Her phone rang but she didn't pick that up.