Chapter 18 - Caring Him 🌼

1st October, 2022

The ringing sound of her phone weak her up. She opened her eyes and looked at the phone screen. It showed 'Upa'.

She pushed her body up from the bed and picked up the phone.

"Hallo", Neha said.

"Where are you?", The voice came but it's not Upasana, it's Darshan.

Neha got confused at first then said, "Darshan?"

"Darshan, who Darshan?? I'm your dad.", Darshan said.
Neha smiled a little.

"By the way who's this Darshan? Karta keya hai?", Darshan again asked trying to sound serious but he couldn't.

"Kuch nehi karta dad, bekar insaan hai. Sirf guitar Baja ke paysa kamata hai.",Neha pressed her lips to control her laughter.
She heard the sound of laugher of Upasana from the other side.

"How can you even say this Neha??", Darshan said in a sad voice.

"You just broke my heart.", He added.

"Ok I'll give you some glue to fix that again.", Neha said.

"What ever. Accah listen, get ready.", He said.

"For what?", She asked.

"How can you forget yar. We are getting married today remember.", He said.

Neha rolled her eyes and said, "Shut up Darshan, stop joking."

"You're not smiling. Then how can I stop.", He said. Neha smiled a little.

"Yeahhh, now the smile came.", He said and Neha could feel his smile also.

"Stop this and tell."

"Actually we are means me and Upasana are planning to go for a movie and you're also coming. So get ready we'll pick you up.", Darshan explained.

Neha sneezed and looked at the clock, it's 6:12 pm. She sneezed again and rubbed her nose which became red.

"Are you fine?", Darshan asked.

"Not really. I don't think I can come. You guys go.", Neha said.

"Look you caught cold, or vigo baarish me.", Darshan scolded.

"Ok you don't have to come, take rest. We are coming to you", he added.

"Why?", Neha asked.

"Why why? You're not well then how can we go? You wait we're coming.", Darshan said again.

"Darshan you don't have to come. I'm fine. You guys go. Don't spoil your plans for me. I'm fine. I'll take medicine.", Neha said.

"But...", Neha cut Darshan off.
"No buts, you guys go. I can take care of myself. Please go."

"You're sure na??", Darshan asked again.

"Yes, totally!", Neha said.

"Ok then!!", Darshan said.

"Have fun. And don't tell Upasana ok. Bye!!", She said.

"Pakka na??", He asked again.

"Bye Darshan!!", Neha said a little bit louder.

"Take care. Bye", and finally he hung up.

* * *

"Darshan Ice Cream!!", Upasana pointed to the ice-cream purler. Darshan looked at the purler then looked at Upasana, who was smiling widely.

"Let's go.", Upasana went to the stall while jumping.

"One butter scotch cornetto. You??", Upasana asked after ordering her Ice cream.