Chapter 44 - Yet She Broke Again 🌼

Neha's eyes were fixed on Darshan.

"Neha!", Darshan uttered and in trembling legs he walked to Neha. But he got disbalanced and about to fall when Upasana said, "Careful!" She raised her hand to held him but before that Neha caught Darshan.

With the support of Neha Darshan stood up.

"It became so late Upa, I think you should go to your room now.", Neha said without looking at her.

"Neha...", Upasana tried to say something but Neha stopped her and said, "We can talk at the morning."

After that Upasana didn't say anything only made her way inside of the house.

"Neha.", Darshan again called her in a low voice.

"Andar chalo Darshan.", Neha said and took him inside.

* * *

Neha laid Darshan on the bed then removed his shoes.

"I'm sorry.", Darshan uttered. Without any kind of reply Neha pulled the blanket over him.
When her hand reached near his chest, Darshan grabbed her hand and whispered in a intense voice, "I'm sorry!" He kept repeated himself.

"Get some sleep.", Neha pulled her hands back and moved aside.

Darshan slowly closed his eyes with murmuring something which Neha couldn't hear.
She went to the open window from where the moonlight was entering the room.
Suddenly a gust of cold wind hit her face, just like a gust of wind just hit her life also or you can say her happy life.

She closed her eyes, tears scrolled down from them. The silent sob started being loud. She covered her mouth because she didn't want anyone to hear her.
She sat on the floor, hugging her legs close to her chest. She hid her face between them and let tears scroll down without any kind of sound.

* * *

14th December, 2022

Darshan slowly opened his eyes as the sunlight fall on his face from the open window. Rubbing his eyes he sat on the bed. It took him a moment to realise where he was and when it hit him, he became tenced.

"Shit!", He pressed his forehead and said.
"Neha!!", He uttered and got down from the bed in a hurry when his eyes landed on the side table. There was a glass of nimbu paani.

He didn't have any problem to understand that Neha left this for him. He drank the water without taking anytime.

After freshen up he went to the downstairs. His eyes were searching for only one person. He went to the living room then his eyes feel on her. She was in the kitchen helping other elders in making breakfast for everyone. She was wearing a yellow saari, her wet hairs were open and the little red bindi was looking beautiful on her.

After staring a little Darshan walked to her. She was talking with everyone and smiling.

"Neha!", Darshan called.

But as soon as his voice went inside of her ears, her smile faded. She slowly looked at Darshan.

"Neha I wanna talk to you.", He said.

"I'll talk to you later.", With a smile she said.

"I wanna talk to you right now please come.", He whispered.
Neha looked at the elders then took a bowl and walked to the dining table. Darshan followed her as well.

"Neha please listen to me.", Darshan said again.

"Darshan baad me, abhi I can't.", She was trying to avoid him.
But where she was going Darshan was following her.
"Neha please."