amber - chapter thirty-two

Amber

something changed within TJ, I'm not sure what but I think it's for the better he goes out with people and he doesn't mope around like a lost puppy.

we share a two bedroom apartment quite a bit away from where we go to school and we don't share classes but we always get pizza together on Wednesday nights, (its the only night of the week neither of us has night classes)

"so I met this guy," TJ starts as we sit down to eat hes got this look in his eyes. "his name is Conner hes my age and a told dork, we have similar classes so we walk around together and getting to know him is so fun,"

"really," I ask he sounds so excited I don't think I've heard him talk like this before in so long,

"yeah Its like, well I guess I pretty much knew everyone in Shadyside but here, its like a mysrat I get to learn new things about him, meet his friends and learn about them," He explained I had heard of a guy named conner that was TJs age, he was a dork to the highest extreme his parents where billionaires and he dressed as he shopped at value village.

"that sounds so great Teej but your not rushing into anything," I ask hes not really looking at me just enjoying his pizza

"No he asked me out when we first met but I'm not quite ready so we're just hanging out hes got this sorta boyfriend Joshie," he tells me I want Tj to be happy and whatever this is, he doesn't seem to be getting hurt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"dude you're not gonna win," TJ laughs on our small couch is TJ Conner and Josh, who tells everyone to call him joshie but I just call him Josh,

"I won the last three times," Conner reminds him, I've been hiding in the kitchen this whole time not that I mind any of them I just don't really get there video games

"you cheated," Josh laughs out, Josh is curled into Conners' shoulder, they say they've been a sorta thing for 2 weeks now which was shortly after TJ met conner,

"I did not don't rat me out," Conner huffs,

"your such a little baby," Josh laughs at his sulking boy, kissing his cheek before taking the control for himself. "alright Teej your on my friend I won't even cheat," he laughed

"come at me then you pretty boy" TJ laughed setting up the next round of the game. when my phone went off it was andi, what could she be calling me about.

"you've got amber what's new," I speak in a hushed tone

"Amber that gods this is andi, ive been trying to reach TJ all day," Andi panicked through the speaker piece so loud I thought TJ might have heard but if he did he didn't budge still playing video games with Josh and Conner.

"he has your number blocked in his phone whats wrong girlie," I ask calmly, I guess it was slightly to much to think that's she would have called just to check up with me, she had taken Johans side on everything so I hadn't talked her much since I left Shadyside.

"is he dating someone," she rushed through her words as I stretched out my back I was 100% just going to hang up on her but well I liked hearing her voice just once more, a reminder that I had once had a life that was mine I was in complete control of.

"no that just Conner and Josh his new friends," I sigh, I mean how would she even know about them I would have assumed that she blocked him on Instagram which was the only place he posted nowadays,

"thats good becaues I think Cyrus might be going to new york to talk to him about what happend," she alway rushes through her words as if she didn't have enough air to speak.

"why didnt you tell me sooner you cant let him do that," i grab my jacket off the chair and sneak out the door well it's my apartment I'm not sneaking just not telling TJ where I was going.

"well I cant very well stop him, cyrus loves TJ," for once andos voice was slow it was still paincked but it was slow.

"I dont know what to tell you Andi TJ seems happy," I sigh as the elevator takes me down to the lobby I need to get the mail anyways and a coffee might be nice we ran out of beans last night.

"I don't think I can stop him, if TJs really happy he can tell cyrus that, I tryed meddling it got in the way and hurt a lot of people I'm done now," she sighed the streets where buzzing as I walked to the dunken donuts Starbucks could kiss my ass I need my cheep crap coffee.

"You have a point Andi so let them figure it out don't try to get to TJ phone and don't stop cyrus," I smerk and almost fall into a garbage can but no one has to know that.

"Let me know if cyrus does get there, can you at least do that," she whimpered and I give in

"Yeah I can," Then the phone clicks no goodbye, but I'm out side of dunken donuts now so I head in and get my crappy dollar coffee trying to hide my disappointment.