The Studio

You got out of bed and went to the bathroom. You did your morning routine and ate a small box of cereal for breakfast. You went to your suitcase to pick out an outfit for the day. You chose a fuchsia short-sleeved shirt, navy shorts, and brown sandals. You also put on your class ring and a bracelet that said 'courage.'

You packed up your Believe Me research notes, your resumé, your Audition handbook, a bag of Goldfish, and your water bottle in your 31 bag. You also packed your phone, headphones, and sunglasses.

While waiting for an Uber, you texted your family, best friends, and theatre friends. They all wished you good luck. The Uber car arrived and you gave the driver directions to the studio. During the ride, you were reviewing your monologue. As the car got closer to the studio, the more nervous you got. You're always nervous at every audition. Suddenly, you felt the car come to a stop.

"We're here." the driver said.

"Thank you." you said, then paid him.

You stood in front of the studio and took a deep breath. You walked through the door and noticed that 'Best Day of My Life' by American Authors was playing on an overhead speaker.

"This is gonna be the best day of my life." you said to yourself.

You noticed something else; it's the same place where Dylan, Thomas, Kaya, and Will played the Fugitive game.

"Are you auditioning?" you heard.

You looked over and saw a lady with a name tag that said, Dawn, sitting at a desk.

"Yes ma'am." you said.

"What's your name and what are you auditioning for?" Dawn asked.

"My name is y/n l/n and I'm auditioning for the movie, Believe Me." you said.

She was typing something on her computer. "The Believe Me auditions are being held in studio room C4. It's down that hallway and it's the third door on your left." Dawn said.

"Thank you so much." you said.

"No problem and good luck." Dawn said.

"Thank you." you said again, then walked away.

While you were walking, you were taking deep breaths to calm down any nerves. You found the room and got your resumé out of your 31 bag.

You knocked on the door and waited for an answer. A man in a blue collar shirt opened the door.

"Hi. Are you auditioning for the movie?" he asked.

"Yes sir. I am." you said, giving him your resumé.

"Good. Come on in." he said.

You walked into the room that had ten more people.

"Everyone! Can I have your attention please?" he said loudly.

Everyone got quiet instantly.

"First of all, thank you all for coming. My name is Jim and I'm the director of this movie." he said.

Another man and a woman came beside Jim.

"This is Jonathan, he is the casting director. This is Lisa, the survivor of this abduction back in 1984." Jim said, introducing the man and woman beside him.