Games and Dinner

Alexander ended up beating the three of you. After that, everyone came back downstairs and sat themselves in the kitchen or on the couch. Everyone else was either in pajamas or lounging clothes. Other than Jacob, Kaya was wearing a onesie, but hers was a unicorn.

"Wii Sports?" you suggested.

Jacob put the game in the console and they let you choose the sport. You chose bowling. You guys picked your Miis and the game started.

Without you guys knowing, Ki Hong, Kat, Dexter, or Kaya were taking pictures or video of you guys bowling.

It was your turn. You adjusted the angle and rolled the ball. It went down the lane and went right for the front pins.

Strike! You jumped in victory.

The screen showed an instant replay. Then, it was Dylan's turn. He didn't roll the ball right, so it went backwards, and the other Miis jumped and turned around.

The four of you took a break from playing and let others play. Thomas, Kat, Ki Hong, and Rosa played tennis.

It was Thomas and Rosa VS. Ki Hong and Kat. Thomas had the first serve and Rosa hit the ball. Not long after, Thomas hit the ball and earned a point. Their tennis game went on for about fifteen minutes until Dexter and Nathalie called everyone for dinner. Rosa paused the game and everyone went into the kitchen.

On one side of the island, there was a veggie tray, a plate with homemade french fries, and a bowl of rice. As everyone got into a line, Will came up the stairs with a big plate of steak.

"Dinner is served. Everyone dive in." Dexter said.

You guys grabbed plates and went down the line of food.

You put a piece of steak, some fries, a glob of rice, and some vegetables on your plate. You put your plate by a chair at the table and went to grab something to drink. You got a cup, filled it with ice and water. You came back to your seat to see Kaya and Thomas on both sides of where you were sitting.

Everyone started to eat and looked like they were enjoying it. Who wouldn't?

There's nothing better than a home cooked meal that was made by friends. While eating, Dexter and Ki Hong were taking pictures of their food and videos of everyone eating.

You paused from eating to take of a sip of your water. When you looked up, Dexter had his phone out.

"Haven't you ever heard no phones at the dinner table?" you asked.

Everyone took that as if that was the perfect thing to say in the moment. Will high fives you from across the table.

"I was thinking the same thing." Thomas said.

With that, Dexter put his phone away and everyone continued eating the delicious meal that he, Will, and Nathalie made.

"You know Dexter," you started to say, but had to swallow. "Even when you're not in character, you're a great cook." you said, eating a piece of steak.

Will coughed loudly to get attention.

"Oh yeah. I didn't know that Gally was a builder and a cook." you said to Will, trying to make a Maze Runner reference.

Everyone finished eating and put the plates in the dishwasher. You sat back at the table and held your stomach.

"I'm stuffed." you said.

"You can't be just yet. We can't let all that ice cream go to waste." Dylan said.

You laughed a little. "Well, maybe I have some room for dessert." you said.