chapter 3

When everyone had retired to their respective rooms, Sungjin remained in the living room still practicing.

"Hyung aren't you going to sleep?" Brian asked, coming out of his room.

"I have another script reading tomorrow. I need to be familiar with the content."

The younger one nodded and plopped down to the sofa. He turned on the TV. "Is this gonna disturb you?"

"Just turn it down."

After a while, Brian stole a glance at the leader's face. "So did you answer 'cutie'?"

Sungjin ignored him, pretending to be way into what he was reading.

"Hyung. You can be honest with me."

Sungjin looked at him. "I did."

"So?"

"What.."

"Who's she?"

"Can't tell you that."

"Is it serious?"

"No."

"Is it who I think it is?"

"Who?"

"You really want me to say her name?"

"Shhh, now you're disturbing me."

Right then, Sungjin got another message. He didn't want to check it because Brian's eyes were still on him.

They both looked towards the direction of the room when they heard a door open.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" Sungjin asked dowoon who walked out rubbing his eyes.

"I need your help with my homework."

"What homework?"

He sat beside Brian. "IU wants me to rehearse this part and present it tomorrow."

"Is it high pitched?" Brian asked.

Dowoon shook his head, "I just need to get the melody right..."

While the conversation was going on, sungjin saw it as an opportunity to reply to the message he received.

It said: Do you want to meet up earlier?

He responded: Whatever's fine with you.

Another text came back: Alrighty, sweet dreams.

He typed out, "you too" and contemplated on sending a heart emoji with it.

~

In twice apartment:

"Who are you texting?" Jeongyeon snatched Nayeon's phone from her hand.

"Ya! Give it back."

-
The next morning, Jeongyeon got up earlier than others to prepare breakfast. She knew she had pissed Nayeon off by reading her text message the previous night, so the breakfast was to make up for it.

"Good morning." She smiled brightly when Momo walked in. "Call the girls to come eat... whoever's up already."

"Why do you volunteer to make breakfast every. single. morning."

"Are you tired of it??"

"Maybe if we didn't always eat the same thing every time..." She mumbled her words before looking at the older one and forcing a smile. "I'll call them over."

After leaving, four other Twice members walked into the kitchen. Nayeon, Chaeyoung, Mina and Jihyo.

"Good morning." Jeongyeon smiled. "Bring your plates over."

As they made a file to get some eggs, Nayeon was the last in line.

"Extra egg for you Unnie." Jeongyeon chuckled and made a wide grin.

"No." Nayeon said bluntly.

"I apologized yesterday."

"What happened?" Mina asked.

"She invaded my privacy."

"It wasn't even that serious." Jeongyeon retorted.

"Do I question you when you're on the phone with him??" Nayeon shot back.

"With who?"

"Brian."

Jeongyeon's countenance changed and she aggressively set the skillet on the slab. "Can you not."

"Why? Cause you guys don't talk anymore?"

With Nayeon's question, the kitchen got silent and the atmosphere became stiff. Jeongyeon turned red from anger and embarrassment then she attempted to leave.

On a second thought she took a step back to face Nayeon.

"Are you still jealous that he chose me and I'm dating him?"

"W-What are you talking about-" Nayeon's eyes were wavering and she started to regret bringing Brian up.

"If you're gonna put my business out here, then I'm gonna do the same."

"You guys stop already." Jihyo stood up to intervene.

Mina and Chaeyoung continued to eat as if they weren't paying any attention.

Nayeon sat down back. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Jeongyeon sounded so angry, it was almost as if she was crying.

"For digging into your wound."

Instead of responding, Jeongyeon turned to the sink to wash the skillet.

"So what are you guys doing today?" Chaeyoung asked to clear up the tension.

"Script reading." Jihyo responded.

"Me too." Nayeon added.

"Nothing." Mina joined.

"I'm going to class." Chaeyoung said and the four girls looked at Jeongyeon waiting for her to talk as well.

"I don't know ??" She finally concluded the conversation.

"Anyway I have to leave early to meet someone." Nayeon quickly rushed the eggs on her plate and got up.

"Me too." Jihyo followed.

"You too?"