chapter 35

JYP's car drove into the parking lot as Jae drove out.

Wonpil hurried out to make it to the entrance in time so Mina won't have to wait. On his way, he got her a can soda from the vending machine.

"I'm sorry." He said and offered her the drink when she arrived.

"It's not your fault." She gulped down the fizzy drink and exhaled. "Thank you."

The obvious follow-up conversation would've been a continuation of what he was going to tell her but she didn't ask and he didn't bring it up anymore.

"You still wanna go?" She asked instead.

Wonpil was surprised and happy at the same time. "On a date?" He asked but it was a way for him to assert what he wanted.

"Whatever you wanna call it. Just hold my hand this time and don't leave me on the street."

"This is our first date, alright?" He stated anxiously, hoping she won't decline or say otherwise.

"Sure."

He grabbed her hand and they moved to the edge of the sidewalk to stop a taxi instead of walking all the way again.

—-

Sungjin felt like such a loser but his pride wasn't as important as getting Jihyo back so he put it aside. He had called her countless number of times but she kept declining.

He didn't bother to leave voice messages because it would've just made him feel worse if those were ignored.

What made it weird was that their chemistry on-screen was perfect. They shot couple scenes like the most romantic couple to ever exist but once that was over, they went back to being strangers.

They had their first kiss scene shooting and Sungjin was so nervous.

They had to do a lot of takes for the different camera angles and both of them were getting embarrassed.

Thankfully that was the last scene they were shooting for the day. When it was over, they both bowed to each other and everyone as they did mini claps.

Sungjin found the courage to pull her away from the crowd and equipment to talk to her but she didn't even give him a chance.

As soon as he held her hand, he couldn't go any further.

"Let go of me." She said with a blank face instead of trying to free herself.

"Please talk-"

She walked off and he couldn't complete his sentence.

He decided it was the right time to leave a voice message.

"Hey Jihyo, I know I was wrong. I really need to talk to you. I'll find a way to get your apartment address and I'll be there. I'll wait for you outside even until tomorrow morning."

Jihyo did listen to the voice message on her way home but she didn't respond. She got home and changed into comfortable clothes.

Sungjin also returned home to meet all his band members waiting for him.

"Which one of you has Twice's address? Send it to me." He said and hurried into the bathroom without waiting to receive a response.

He was expecting a message from Brian but he got one from Dowoon.

"I'm going back out." He said as he walked out of his room after getting changed.

"You just came back." Jae opposed. "Plus we need you to fix... that." He said and pointed over to Brian who was sitting at the corner looking depressed.