chapter 23

"It's started to shower a little." JYP said turning on the windshield wipers.

Dowoon looked out the window. "Are we heading to my apartment first?"

"Yeah, it's closer. I'll go drop Chaeyoung off after."

JYP's phone started ringing right after his sentence and the little screen on his car stereo displayed it to be Jae. He answered it with his earpiece.

"Hyungnim, the truck still isn't here and we can't just leave the car. Plus there are no taxis coming this way."

"Stay inside the car and wait for me."

"What about the truck?"

"I'll call them and find out what's going on."

He quickly ended the call and asked Dowoon to dial the number of the towing truck company he had called earlier.

They told him there was a bit of traffic but they had already set out.

Once that call was over, JYP exhaled.

"You two seem to get along well." He said to Dowoon and Chaeyoung. "So you won't mind staying with each other for a little longer right?"

They both looked at each other before spelling out "Why?" in unison.

"I'll drop both of you off at Day6's apartment, Chaeyoung you can call your manager to pick you up from there. I have to go get Jae and Wonpil."

Both of them nodded.

There was now a heavy downpour by the time they arrived at the apartment building.

Dowoon hopped out first and took off his jacket to place it over Chaeyoung's head to protect her from getting soaked.

As soon as they successfully walked into the building, JYP drove off.

"Let's just sit in the lobby." Chaeyoung said and walked towards the seats available. "Why don't you guys have managers?"

"She quit a few months ago and we're not really active right now so..."

"PDnim isn't doing anything about it?" She asked finally noticing that he was drenched wet from the rain.

His wet hair was such a beautiful sight to her and even though she saw his mouth moving, she wasn't paying attention to what he was saying. He looked pretty hot.

"Uh well we kind of have a sub who fills in from time to time plus we each have someone like an individual manager but it's not full time only when we need one, if that makes any sense." He said and she nodded as if she heard a single word.

Dowoon noticed she was holding the box of cookies he made and she had tried by all means to protect it from the rain. He smiled.

"We can just go in." He started. "There's no one home-"

"Huh?" She questioned, flustered.

"Huh?"

"I'll just text my manager right now."

"Wait!" He stopped her. "I'm all soaked."

"Ok? You can just go in yourself."

"No please... follow me." He pouted.

She burst out laughing. He sounded like a baby when he pleaded and it was so adorable to her.

He put his hand out for her to take but she gave him the box instead. He shook his head and grabbed her hand.

They took the elevator and entered Day6's apartment.

"I'll go change quickly."

Chaeyoung nodded awkwardly as he walked into the room and then out to the bathroom with a fresh pair of clothes in his hands.