chapter 30

don't hate me XD

Jeongyeon quickly went to look for JYP.

"Sajangnim." She cutely entered his office and smiled.

"What's up? Do you need anything?"

"Not really. I don't really have a lot to do so I thought it'll be good to spend today and tomorrow around you.. you know, I can see how and what it feels like to be a CEO."

JYP looked at her strangely.

"I'm just curious." She added. "Can I shadow you throughout the day?"

"Well, definitely not today because I'm literally just going to be seated at this table all day. Tomorrow is good, we just have to start the day early. So if you're here at like 7, that'll be good. I have a meeting in the morning then I have to go watch Day6's young k perform.." He lifted his eyebrow when he figured that could be the reason. Then he stared intently at her.

"What?" She avoided his eyes.

"Do you guys still have something going on?"

"What?"

"Answer me."

"I'll be here at 7 tomorrow."

---

The next day,

JYP sent another person over to pick Brian up in the morning because of his meeting. He reassured him he'd be there to watch his performance though.

Right before Jeongyeon left with JYP, she received a message from Brian saying that he wouldn't be able to make it to their dinner date because he had plans to eat out with JYP. She asked JYP if that was true but he said he had no clue what she meant.

Therefore Brian was lying to her. She still decided to go with JYP anyway because she wanted her to give her boyfriend the benefit of the doubt. He must've had a valid reason for lying.

--

Brian felt so bad for having to lie to his girlfriend but he didn't know how to tell her what happened without being ridiculous.

Basically, he was asked out to dinner by a female artist who was also performing and because of how bad his reputation was among the people over there he agreed to it. He obviously couldn't tell Jeongyeon that was the case because she wouldn't have it.

--

When Jeongyeon arrived with JYP, she went straight to find Brian. She was able to find out his whereabouts and how to get there. She arrived at his dressing room and stood at the door.

Then she dialed his number for two reasons. One to wish him luck for his performance and two, to ask about the lie.

Brian looked at his phone to see the incoming call from Jeongyeon but he declined the call and put his phone in his pocket.

Jeongyeon looked disheartened. She decided to brush it off and just see it as him not wanting any distractions right before his performance. As she was about to walk into the room to talk to him, someone pushed past her.

She looked like a media staff but she was being too flirty with Brian. What made Jeongyeon feel worse was that he wasn't setting any boundaries or complaining about it.

The lady asked for a picture with Brian and then a hug and he agreed to it with the same overly smiling attitude he had put on the day before.

"Jeongyeon??"

Someone called and Joengyeon turned to see who it was. It had been someone in the industry who was curious as to why she was standing there.

Brian had also heard her name so he looked towards the door where the voice was at and made eye contact with Jeongyeon. He was so shocked. However, the lady with him moved closer for another picture so he had no choice but to look away.