chapter 16

In Twice's apartment:

"It was so funny seeing his reaction."

Jeongyeon was laughing so hard, tears started falling.

"It's not even April fools day." Jihyo said. "What if he gets really mad?"

"I think he knows I'm messing with him. Why would I actually ask for that. I'm not crazy." Jeongyeon held her stomach. "Ok I actually don't feel good."

"Why are you pranking him in the first place?"

"I've always wanted to," Jeongyeon replied. "Besides this isn't that serious."

"Besides," Jihyo repeated and emphasized the word. "there was something wrong with both of you until a couple of days ago, don't make things worse."

That hit Jeongyeon hard and she realized she had taken her joke too far.

"Call him right now." Jihyo encouraged her.

"How do I just call him and tell him I was messing around." Jeongyeon used a pillow to cover her face, regretting every bit of her prank.

"Then you shouldn't have started it."

"I already feel bad don't make it worse."

"Let me have your phone, I'll send a message for you." The leader bent over and grabbed Jeongyeon's phone. "What's his name saved as?"

"Young K."

Jihyo went straight to the message app and searched Young K. She clicked on the first conversation that popped up, not bothering to pay attention if it was the right person.

"What do you usually call him?"

Jeongyeon sat up on her bed feeling the same sharp pain again, "babe." She managed to say without making it obvious she had cramps.

Jihyo nodded and texted:

Babe I need to tell you something.

---

Dowoon and Chaeyoung's phones pinged at the same time in their classroom.

Jae, Brian, Wonpil and Sungjin's phones pinged in unison in their apartment, it was hard to tell the sound source apart.

Jamie's phone pinged.

Nayeon and Mina's phones pinged.

Jihyo's phone, which was in the same room as she and Jeongyeon were in, pinged loudly.

"You have a message," Jeongyeon said attempting to reach for the phone.

"It's fine, I don't think it's important."

"Has he responded?"

"He's typing." She slightly lifted a hand gesture for her to wait.

---

When Brian's phone pinged, he viewed the message the shortcut way without even unlocking his phone because he was listening to music.

There was only one person who called him babe so he automatically knew who it was from.

He texted back:

Hey I was just about to call you, no matter how much I think about it I don't think it's the right time for us to have a baby.

---

The ten phones pinged again.

Jihyo read out his response to Jeongyeon, "What should I text back?"

"Um." Jeongyeon paused to think. "Say: about that, I have cramps so I don't think we'll be able to do it anytime soon."

The leader typed as she spoke and sent the message again.

--

The ten phones pinged again.

--

"Are you sure it's not important? It's pinging for the third time." She said to jihyo wanting to give her the phone again.

"It's fine, let's just focus on this."

----

In Day6's apartment, the boys, except Dowoon who wasn't back yet, were all seated in the living room.

Wonpil, Sungjin, and Jae slowly looked at each other and sat up from their slouching positions.

Brian was laying on the carpet, while they were all on sofas.

They noticed he had headphones in, which made everything make sense. He couldn't tell they were all receiving the same message because of the volume.

After a few seconds of the three members just staring at each other, Brian stood up and looked at them. "I'll be right back, I need to make a call."

"Ok rock paper scissors. Who's gonna tell him?" Jae questioned when he left.