chapter 31

no one asked but i wrote it so here you go c:

JYP facepalmed himself after Brian's sudden love confession.

He was so done with the two of them. They had been going back and forth with him about the truth and status of their relationship for almost two years now.

Brian walked faster than Jeongyeon as she tried to speed across the row of seats in the auditorium. He walked in the row below and jumped over the seats to block her way as soon as he was a few feet ahead of her.

"Move." She said without even looking at him.

"Listen to me."

"I said move." She demanded and took a step forward expecting him to move for her to pass. Instead, he leaned forward and kissed her on the right cheek. "Are you crazy?!" She took another step forward.

He leaned in again and placed his lips on her left cheek. "For every step, I'll kiss you. And you don't want that, do you? Very soon, everyone will have their phones out, taking pictures and videos-"

She turned around to take the other way but he quickly pulled her by the arm and successfully kissed her on the lips. "Oh look, they're already staring at us." He pointed to tease her.

She took another step back but he took a step closer and kissed her again.

"YAH!" She lifted her hand to hit him but he held unto it and kissed her palm. She pulled her hand away and glared at him.

Then she looked around and thankfully, everyone who had been in the audience was dispersing and trying to find a way to the leave the hall in a hurry. No one was paying attention to them yet. "What do you want?" She asked and frowned.

"Just hear me out." He pleaded and she folded her arms to give him a chance. "I was wrong. I'm sorry for everything."

"What's everything?"

"For lying. Ignoring you. Saying hurtful things." He paused and waited for her countenance to at least soften but it didn't. "I'm sorry." He dropped his head and pouted.

"So you did lie..." She said and nodded continuously. "Why did you?"

"For you." He stated as if that was meant to soothe her anger. "A female 'coworker' asked me to eat out and I couldn't decline but if I told you that, you wouldn't have had it. I didn't want to hurt you."

Instead of responding, she gave him the hardest slap on the cheek.

"Woah." He couldn't even express the pain in words. "Wh-What was that for?" He asked trying to exercise his face muscles.

"Don't use my emotions as an excuse. You could've told me the truth if it was really nothing other than just dinner with her."

"Right." He surprisingly agreed with her and she was starting to feel guilty by seeing his cheek turn red. "The truth is that I was getting a lot of hate and I just wanted to be more friendly. If I had declined her offer, it would've been seen as arrogance again."

"Oh no. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." Jeongyeon wanted to crumble to the floor. She literally just made him feel worse.

"No don't apologize. I'm still wrong for lying. I could've just told you the truth in the first place. I just didn't want to seem weak to you."

"I'm sorry." She took his two hands in hers and caressed them with her fingers. Then she placed her palm on his cheek and slightly rubbed her thumb against it. "I'm sorry baby."

"No, I'm sorry."

At this point, they were starting to get a few stares. JYP noticed from where he was and he started walking towards them.

"I love you so don't break up with me please?" Brian pleaded and looked at her with the most adorable and affectionate eyes.

She nodded and jumped on him as he wrapped his arms tight around her. Their hug looked so intimate until JYP abruptly joined in.

"Group hug!" He yelled to the hearing of everyone who was now staring and recording. Then he addressed the crowd indirectly: "Just a friendly hug between a hoobae and sunbae. Hehe." He tried to play it off but the couple didn't seem to care. They just held unto each other tightly.

JYP was so going to scold them for this.

"Get your asses out of here right now." He whispered to them, still forcing a smile to the gawking crowd that kept getting larger. 

---

Sungjin still felt uneasy after Jihyo's hostile attitude to him the previous day. He was looking for a chance to talk to her and he finally got one.

They bumped into each other right before filming. She tried to walk away as if she hadn't seen him but he spoke to her.

"Hi." He said with a bright smile and she just gave a narrow smile before stretching her neck to see if there was anyone nearby she could call to help her escape.

"You look really tired. Do you sleep at all?" Sungjin continued instead of taking a hint.

"Do you need anything from me?" She asked when he wouldn't move out of her way.

"Let's talk."

"Unfortunately for me, we're already doing that." She said bluntly with a blank face and a sigh.

He took the ring box out of his pocket and held it in front of her face as if it was a surprise. "Tada!!"

She exhaled and stared at him.

Now he felt like a fool.

"Did you even notice they were gone?" He asked with the same bubbly energy.

"What are those?"

He gasped dramatically. "How could you forget about these. Our rings."

"Our?" She pulled her head back as she questioned.

"Yes. Me and you." Sungjin responded cluelessly.

She scoffed, laughed and then gave a straight face. "There's no 'our.' It doesn't belong to you... and me."

"You got it for us though??"

"Yes, before you rejected me." She smiled. "I didn't even know I still kept it. Was this what you wanted to give back?"

"Yes, I also wanted to tell you-"

She looked at the watch on her wrist. "Oof I need to go get my makeup done. Can you please move?" When he moved to the side she gave another narrow smile. "See you over there." She concluded and began walking, then she stopped. "Oh, and can you please put that in the trash? Thank you."

Sungjin stood at the same spot until he was called. He was bewildered and felt heartbroken. He just lost another girl.

--

JYP and the couple were now standing in front of his car in the parking lot. He had asked them to explain themselves but they weren't responding. They just held hands and dropped their heads.

"I've given you guys enough time to come up with a convincing lie so what do you have?" He waited for a little more before sighing. "I have a lot to attend to before it gets too late." He said and hopped into the driver's seat. "Get in."

"I still have to go..." Brian said as he let go of Jeongyeon's hand.

"It's fine. I'll call you later."

When she entered the passenger side, JYP was reading a message off his phone. He turned to her.

"You have Jae's number, right? Call him for me."