chapter 38

Brian took Jae's words to heart and he was determined to get Jeongyeon's attention. He texted her:

let's break up.

She read it but didn't reply.

"Uh-oh." He panicked and went to find Jae. "Hyung I made it worse."

"What did you do?"

He passed his phone instead of responding and the older one facepalmed himself.

"I'll be going to drop off Chaeyoung in a bit so get ready to come along and explain yourself to her."

Brian who was still the only clueless one looked around the apartment. "Chaeyoung is here?"

"Bathroom. With Dowoon."

"Why's the door closed?" Brian dragged himself to the bathroom and knocked on the door.

It took a while for it to be opened and the two lovers awkwardly walked out. Brian smiled.

"PSA everyone." He said using his hands to mimic a megaphone. "Yoon Dowoon is all grown now."

Dowoon couldn't make it any more obvious that they had kissed. He placed his hands over his mouth whenever anyone looked at him.

Chaeyoung greeted Brian with a bow.

"Hey. I need a favor." He pleaded and she nodded. "Can you call Jeongyeon and pass the phone without letting her know I wanna talk to her?"

"Sure."

He anxiously waited as she dialed his girlfriend's number for him.

Jeongyeon picked up. "Chaeyoung?"

The phone was given to Brian and he went to the kitchen for some privacy which was useless because she hung up once she heard his voice.

"Hyung I'll just go along."

"To where?" Wonpil came out of the room and waved at Chaeyoung as he asked.

"Twice apartment."

"Ooooh I wanna go too." He said excitedly and everyone looked at him confused.

Oh right they didn't know he had something going on with Mina. He adjusted his countenance.

"Are you all set?" Jae asked Chae and she nodded. "Alrighty let's go."

They all walked to the door and put on their shoes and jackets. "Someone tell Sungjin we're leaving."

"Hyung we're going to Twice's apartment!!" Brian yelled as the four guys and Chaeyoung walked out the door.

They were about to enter the car when they spotted Sungjin running towards them. He slowed down the closer he got and pushed past Wonpil to get in first.

"Bob we can't all fit in here."

He didn't answer Jae.

"Shotgun!" Brian said and got in the front seat.

"Come on. We don't have time for this." Dowoon spoke up for Chaeyoung. "Someone needs to stay home."

"Hyung we all have a reason to go to Twice apartment, you don't." Wonpil said to Jae, who looked at him up and down.

"Right. Sungjin hyung can drive us over there. You stay." Dowoon added.

Jae scoffed. "Guys whose car is it?"

Chaeyoung was just quiet watching all of them. Her eyes moved from one person to the other as they spoke.

"Let's do this." Jae continued. "Someone has to sit on another person's laps. The pair can sit in front."