chapter 34

i'm curious so before you read pls answer, who's your bias in day6?

Day6's drummer felt so happy that Chaeyoung finally reached out to him. When she had called him he left the classroom without hesitating or permission from IU.

Now he was restless just sitting in Twice's living room. He also thought of how impatient he was in the car ride.

It made him realize the effort Chaeyoung put in just to be close to him. She showed up every morning to class despite the far distance just for him.

Baam.

Chaeyoung regained herself and realized she had stayed in the tub longer. She hurried out, got in the shower to rinse off the soap lather, and nonchalantly wrapped a towel around her body.

As she made way for her room after walking out of the bathroom door, she glanced over at Dowoon who seemed to be looking around. He was only a few feet away from her.

He also looked at her when he felt a presence and the sight made him gulp.

She wanted to dash into the room and put on clothes but she could also mess with him so she chose to do that.

"You shouldn't be bothered to see me like this since you've pretty much seen it all."

As she spoke, the water from her hair ran down her face and into her eyes. It stung.

She lifted her hand to rub her eyes and her towel literally let loose. Dowoon quickly leaped over and held it up from falling. His heart was beating so fast.

"Thank you," Chae said in such a relaxed manner as she grabbed the fabric from his hand and tightened it this time. "That would've been bad." She exhaled and moved over to sit on the sofa. She tapped the spot right next to her for him to come sit. He looked so confused and suspicious as to why she was being so carefree.

"A-Are you ok?" He asked with a quizzical face.

"Why? We're not drinking tea today, don't worry." She teased.

He sat on the edge and not right next to her. "This is dangerous." He muttered to himself as he avoided looking at her.

"Oh, have you seen this?" She asked and turned her back to face him, pushing away her hair from her shoulder and upper arm. "I got another tattoo. It's still fresh."

"Another? I had no idea you had tattoos."

"Move closer so you can see it properly, the intricate details make it beautiful up close." She waited but he didn't move. She chuckled. "What's wrong?"

"Can you please go put on clothes.."

"Why is that important though-" She snorted and couldn't hold back her laugh. Messing with him was so entertaining. "Alright alright. I'll go put on something since my body is distracting you."

"You're hot," Dowoon said unconsciously as Chaeyoung stood up to leave.

He didn't mean to say that out loud so he bit on his lips and lowered his head even more.

Chae wanted to seem unbothered so she just laughed it off. "Thank you??" She responded sarcastically and walked as naturally as she could to her room. She closed the door behind her and held her chest.

She did some thinking in the room.

If Dowoon was bold enough to make the statement he did, he might fall for her and try to confess his feelings. She realized she had always wanted him to like her back but the thought of him admitting it would make her feel very weird and awkward. She wouldn't know how to react. Therefore, her new goal was to prevent him from confessing whenever it seemed like he was going to.