chapter 22

After doing nothing, Wonpil and Jae decided to go for a drive in Jae's car to clear up the gloomy countenance written on the keyboardist's face.

They weren't even thirty minutes into the drive when the car made rattling sounds.

"What was that??" Wonpil panicked, holding unto his seat belt.

The car gradually came to a stop on its own.

"Are we out of gas??" Wonpil asked.

"No... I don't know what's wrong." Jae left the steering wheel.

Once the car completely stopped, the two just silently stared at each other.

IU was fed up as everyone was complaining every second they got a chance to.

As soon as the sky started to turn too dark, she called the bus driver and they all hopped into the bus.

Dowoon waited for Chaeyoung to go in before he did because he wanted to sit with her. He eventually was the last to get in.

Chaeyoung specifically took the seat right across IU to see who he would sit with.

When Dowoon walked in, without hesitating he sat beside Chaeyoung. She gave a little narrow smile and looked out the window.

IU got up to address them, "Call your friends, family, any one that's giving you a ride, if you aren't driving yourself."

Soon the team arrived at their class location. They were going to be dropped off there before each one found his or her way home.

They all dispersed one after the other because they already had rides waiting or they were driving. The only ones left were IU, Chaeyoung and Dowoon.

"I'm gonna be the last to leave." IU said. "I need to make sure you guys get a ride first."

"My manager is coming." Chaeyoung said.

"I texted Jae a while ago, he should be here soon." Dowoon said.

——
Wonpil and Jae had got out of the car to figure out what was going on. They called  JYP to tell him the situation but he didn't pick up.

When Dowoon's message arrived, Jae ignored it because he had a worse situation at hand.

Right when he took his phone to reply, Dowoon was calling him.

"Hey, you have to take a taxi back or something."

"Hyung!"

"I'm sorry. My car broke down. Look, I'll call you right back... Hyungnim is calling."

"Ugh..."

Jae ended it and switched to JYP.

"What's up?"

"I took the car out and it just stopped moving." Jae said. "It was working just fine until about an hour ago."

"Where are you guys right now?"

"I can text you the address."

"Alright, I'll call a towing truck to pick up the car and I'll come pick you guys up so you don't have to go with it."

"Oh wait- Dowoon needs a ride. I was meant to go pick him up. Can you pick him up instead. I'll take a taxi home."

"Are you alone?"

"No. Wonpil is with me."

"Ok that works for me since I'm close by.. in the area his class is. Call me once the truck comes to take the car."