chapter 33

Young K couldn't even fake a smile as he was seated at his dinner "appointment" with the lady.

He kept thinking of Jeongyeon and the hurt look on her face. He never wanted it to seem like he was taking her for granted because she'd forgive him anyway.

"Young K?" The lady had been trying to get his attention for a while but he was so lost in thoughts. She waved her hands in front of his face and he snapped out of it.

He didn't say anything for a few seconds. "Shoot." He finally spoke.

"It's fine, I was just saying-"

"I have to leave. Thank you for dinner. I'll settle the bill on my way out." He said as he got up and left the table without even giving her the chance to speak. "I have a girlfriend. Yoo Jeongyeon. Mhmm, Twice's Jeongyeon." He turned back to say and clarify the situation and the lady just sat there like  👁👄👁.

Saying that out loud and confidently for the first time felt so good. He couldn't hold back his smile. He wanted to scream it to the world. He was in love with Jeongyeon and nothing could change it.

He was in his feelings and he made a decision on the spot. He needed to be with her for the rest of his life and he wanted to express exactly that to her.

He ran out of the restaurant and took a cab straight to a jewelry store.

---

Chaeyoung had used the few days she had alone to relax and do a couple of self-care routines. She had turned off her phone and put it away.

However, she missed Dowoon. She wanted to talk to him but at the same time, she was scared of getting hurt again.

She wanted to detach herself emotionally before glancing at him. She was gonna fake it until she made it and bring to existence the reality she wanted.

The reality that she was over Dowoon.

Even after motivating herself to stay away unless she was really over him, she turned on her phone and called him.

"Come over here." She said trying not to sound too desperate.

Despite the fact that no one was allowed into their apartment, she was taking a risk to make an exception for him.

She hurried to the last step of her self-care routine: a bubble bath. She prepared the warm bath and slid into the tub. It felt so refreshing.

It'll probably take Dowoon at least 25 minutes to arrive so she planned to stay in the tub for 15.

It totally slipped her mind and she was there for 30.

On his way, Dowoon received a message from Chae that gave him the exact address, apartment number, and door pin.

After what felt like forever, he arrived. He didn't even think twice of how inappropriate it'll be to use the pin to get in without knocking or pressing the doorbell.

He just unlocked the door and entered the apartment.
—-

Brian arrived at JYP ent and called Jeongyeon to find out if she was there. He told her to meet him at their usual hideout: the roof.

She got there to see her boyfriend on his knees. "Babe what are you doing?"

"I'm sorry Jeongyeon. I know I hurt you badly. I'm sorry."

"Oh no no." She went down on her knees in front of him and wrapped her hands around him. "Please get up... this is unnecessary." She hugged him tighter and pulled him up that way.

"You don't love me less, do you?" Brian asked and the insecurity in his voice was crippling.

"Of course not. I love you. I told you, I'll love you more and more until forever." She dropped her hands from his body and held his hands instead. "I mean it."

This time he went on one knee.

"Then stay with me forever." He got out a ring box and held it up.

Jeongyeon was flustered and it was clearly written on her face. "You're proposing?"

He opened it up. "They're just promise rings. We don't have to get engaged right now or anything. Besides we still have to work in this industry for a long time so I don't expect us to get married anytime soon."

Promise rings?

It just seemed like he was proposing because he felt insecure and he didn't want anyone else to do it before him.

Jeongyeon hated that.

She pulled him up again.

"So will you?" He asked anxiously.

She looked at the ring box seated in her boyfriend's hand. and took a deep breath before letting out a firm. "No."

Brian's heart sank. He had no words. Jeongyeon started taking steps backward.

He quickly put the rings away and stopped her. "W-What'd you mean by no?"

Jeongyeon looked away to avoid the guilt that was setting in.

"You said you love me and-"

"I do." She glanced at his face and his eyes were full of questions. "Promise rings? If you don't trust that I'll love you and just you then that's a problem you have to fix. You can't propose all of a sudden because you're scared I might leave you... do it out of love or don't do it at all."

"I did it out of love babe."

"No... we almost broke up and you just want to make it hard for that to repeat itself."

"I love you."

"I know you do."

"Please." He held her hand with both hands and dropped his head. Maybe there was something he wasn't reading between the lines?

He reached for the ring box in his pocket and took it out again. "Does the style not suit you? You don't like it? I'll change it-"

Jeongyeon forcefully freed her hand from his grasp. "I'm so disgusted right now. I just explained it to you plainly but you think you'll solve it by changing the style? You think I'm such a material person?"

"No. No. I didn't mean it that way. Jeongyeon please."

"Please what?!"

"You're angry right now. Calm down."

She rose her hand to her forehead and then ran it through her hair. "You're right. I'm mad right now and I have every right to be."

She wanted to yell and storm away but there had been enough fighting for the day. She held Brian and with all the emotions she was feeling, she tiptoed for a kiss but was aggressive about it.

Brian was flustered and tried to pull away.

It got calm and she gently broke her lips away from his. She held his face.

"Young k, I love you. I love you but not that..." She said and looked down at the ring box.

Brian was still confused.

"You see what just happened?" Jeongyeon continued. "I love you. I kiss you because I love you. I just kissed you right now but it was the wrong time to do it so it didn't feel like something out of love."

Oh. That's what it was. Brian wanted to slap himself for being thoughtless.

"I think we'll need some time." She said and left him at the roof.

He moved to the wall, squatted down and hugged his knees.

It was all a misunderstanding.
—-

lol "the lady" was irrelevant so she had no name in case you were bothered