chapter 28

publishing another three chapters today lezzgetit🤙🏾

"Ok you can leave right now," Mina said bluntly to Wonpil who was fidgeting a lot and didn't know what next to do after everything he had said.

"Do you really not feel anything for me?" He asked again.

"I do not."

"Are you sure?"

"100%" She reassured.

"Go out with me."

Mina was caught off guard and she started coughing instead of responding.

--

Chaeyoung had just changed into comfortable clothes when her phone started ringing. She couldn't be bothered to rush to answer it so she took her time.

She felt depressed. Literally. She had been losing her sleep for the past two weeks and she also couldn't eat.

Whenever the girls had to have dinner together, she would try to excuse herself. If she couldn't escape it, she would force the food down her throat and force it out afterward.

Why was she torturing herself? IU was skinnier. Dowoon liked IU. He'd like skinny Chaeyoung as well.

"Hello?" She finally tapped green after it had rung three times.

"Hey I need your help." Jeongyeon who was standing next to Dowoon began. "I have something coming for me but I need you to go to the playground to get it."

Chaeyoung sniffed, still in her nonchalant attitude. "What is it?"

"Some books." Jeongyeon lied.

"When did you start reading?"

"Chaeyoung, just go get it for me."

"Why do I have to?"

"Because no one is allowed to come over to the apartment, remember?"

"No."

"Chaeyoung!" Jeongyeon yelled. "Ok please." She softened her tone to coax the younger one.

Chaeyoung knew it was definitely something else. Did she care? No. Okay, maybe a little.

"So you'd do it?" Jeongyeon asked again when Chaeyoung didn't respond.

"How long is it going to take to get here?"

Jeongyeon moved the phone away from her mouth to ask Dowoon how long it'll take him to get there. "Uh in about thirty you can walk over there."

"Sure." Chaeyoung said and just stared at the phone, waiting for the older one to end the call.

She set a timer for exactly thirty minutes and walked over to the kitchen to make herself some coffee. Then she plopped on the sofa and hugged her knees. Occasionally she would take a sip. She was getting really sleepy and she felt drained.

After thirty minutes her phone buzzed and she dragged herself to the door. Slipped her feet into a pair of flip flops. Threw on her hoodie and a mask and headed out with the cup of coffee in her hand.

As soon as Dowoon got out of the taxi, he ran towards the playground. He and Chaeyoung arrived almost at the same time.

She stopped in her tracks as soon as she made eye contact with him and turned back around to leave.

He ran forward to stop her. "Wait. Please." He grabbed her arm and sounded so desperate that Chaeyoung almost felt guilty to act hostile.