chapter 8

Jae and Jimin sat down beside each other watching an episode of the drama Jimin had already started. It was a kiss scene and the two felt the atmosphere get hotter.

"You enjoy stuff like this ?" Jae asked as he stood up to avoid the situation he dreaded.

"Where are you going ?"

"You want some ice cream ?" He asked.

"Sure, what flavor do you guys have?" She asked also standing up to follow him.

"None." He replied and grinned. "I mean we can just go buy some from the store downstairs."

"Sure."

"You're buying."

She stopped moving and looked at him. "Seriously... you offer and I have to buy ?"

"Let's go."

He pulled her hand and they went downstairs to the store. On their way, Jae got a call from dowoon that he was done.

"I have to quickly go get dowoon, you wanna come?"
~
Dowoon still couldn't understand what pissed Chaeyoung off and it made him uncomfortable. After calling Jae to come get him, he walked outside the building to wait but saw Chaeyoung standing there.

"I thought you left."

"I didn't." She replied but kept staring at the screen of her phone.

"What did I do? Why am I mean?"

She turned to look at him dumbfounded. "Are you kidding me?" She scoffed. "Oh hey dowoon I don't like you I like wonpil can you please read this confession letter and see if I made typos because I don't want to look stupid to him."

"Why is that a problem though??"

"Forget it."

"It'd be a problem if I had feelings for you when you... said that." His voice trailed off as he got to the end of his sentence. He was silent for a while. "That's not true, right?" He chuckled. "There's no way you have feelings for me."

"I said forget it."

Jae pulled up and honked twice to get dowoon's attention.

"I have to leave.." he said but Chaeyoung ignored him.

He walked to the car and opened the back door. "Oh! Jimin is here." He exclaimed when he entered the vehicle and she waved from the passenger seat.

On their way, Jae got a call from sungjin that he was done.

"We're heading over to KBS building."

"Hyung how are we gonna fit in here." Dowoon complained.

"Child all things are possible."

"How about I drive and you squeeze in the back." Jamie suggested.

"That's not happening."

When he pulled up in front of the building, the three other members were already waiting.

"What's this??" Brian asked when he opened the passenger door to see Jamie.

"Surprise!!!" She said brightly.

"No." He replied and then looked at Jae. "Are we dropping her off here or what?"

"Nope." Jamie responded. "You guys get in I'm driving." She got out and moved to the driver's door. "Move." She pulled jae out and hopped in.

Wonpil and sungjin joined dowoon in the back, leaving jae and brian standing outside.

"What are you doing, I'm seating in front." Youngk held the passenger door and looked at jae up and down.

"Whatchu mean bro."

"No bro."

"CAN YOU GUYS GET IN ALREADY." Jamie yelled.

"I'm older, get in the back. That's an order."

Brian scoffed. "You can't use that privilege here."

"I'M GONNA DRIVE OFF IF YOU DON'T." Jamie threatened.

"Tell Brian to get in the back, he'll listen to you." Jae complained.

"I'm thicker."

"I'm taller."

"I'm thicker." Brian repeated.

"You can't argue with that." Jamie intervened. "Get in the back Jae, you're skinnier and you can squeeze better."

"I'll get you back for this." Jae clenched his fist and Brian stuck his tongue out at him.

It was quiet for the first half of their ride home.

"So why are you guys together?" Sungjin asked to break the silence.

"Oh she came over to keep me company." Jae replied. "Since all of you decided to be busy today."

"Just the two of you." Brian asserted.

"Yeah."

"Alone."

"Yeah and your point is ??"

No one said anything but they all knew what they were thinking.

"Guys.." Jae laughed, "Guys guys it's not anything like you're thinking so just don't.."

"What are they thinking ?" Jamie questioned oblivious.

"Guys we're not like that."

"Mhmm." Wonpil said sarcastically.

"Seriously."

"Sureee."

"I'm being serious right now," Jae was almost running out of breath due to frustration. "Guys we only kissed once but it wasn't anything big."

Jae's sentence made Jamie abruptly hit the brakes and bring the car to a stop.

"You. Only. Kissed. Once." Brian spelled out.

It took a few seconds for Jae to comprehend what he had said and when he did, he understood he was doomed.

"Fook."