chapter 21

"I'm here." Dowoon said excitedly to Chaeyoung.

"I see that." She coldly responded.

"I baked these for you." He opened the box for her to see. "From scratch."

She sighed. "Can you stop doing this. First you give her the letter, then you buy me cake. You give her the roses, but give me cookies??"

"I never gave her the letter."

Chaeyoung's face softened. "You didn't?"

"Also, Younghyun hyung bought the roses for her not me."

"Your point is?" She tried to hide the smile that wanted to show.

"Stop being mad at me."

"NO CHITCHATTING." IU yelled at everyone talking but directed it to Dowoon and Chaeyoung.

"Let's talk later." Chaeyoung told him.

Fans had already started to gather around the class group. Even though Chaeyoung and IU had glasses on, they still recognized them.

The class saw it as an opportunity to sing since they already had a huge audience.

"I'm here already. Where are you?" Jihyo whispered into the phone.

She was standing in a lonely book aisle at the library they chose to meet at.

Sungjin was standing outside but he hesitated going in. He felt it probably wasn't the right time to start a new relationship.

"I'm also here." He responded.

He had gotten her a necklace but after listening to Wonpil, he wasn't sure he wanted to give it to her anymore.

He took a deep breath and walked in.

The library was the best place to meet because anyone who was there, was there for the purpose of reading.

Jihyo waved excitedly when she spotted Sungjin walking towards her. He awkwardly waved back.

Jae and Wonpil stayed quietly in their apartment. It felt so empty.

Wonpil dragged himself to Jae's room. "Hyung, let's also go out."

"Where?"

"JYP ent."

Sungjin and Jihyo were seated on the floor beside each other. Sungjin kept his eyes straight without looking at her and no matter how she tried to bring up conversations, he only gave her one-word responses.

She sighed when she couldn't take it anymore.

"Are you mad at me or something?"

"No."

"You haven't looked at me since you came."

"I have."

"You make it look like you were forced to come here today."

"I wasn't."

She scoffed. "Never mind. I'll just leave then." She stood up.

"Don't." He held her hand. "I have something for you." He brought out the tiny jewelry box and opened it.

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't deny the fact that he liked her so much.

She sat down back. "Put it on me."

He picked up the necklace and put his hands around her neck to clasp it together.

"It's pretty." She smiled as she looked down at it. "Thank you."

He smiled.

"I got us something too." She also took out a tiny box. "Couple rings."

Hearing that triggered Sungjin and the smile disappeared from his face.

"What's wrong?"

"Jihyo. I think it's too early for that."

"Oh.." she bit her lips. "It's not like engagement rings or anything."

"I don't think I can do this." He said getting up and fretting about the situation.

"Do what?"

"This. Us."
—-

Jae pulled up in the parking lot of the company and they walked in.

The entire building felt empty.

"Let's see if Hyungnim is still here," Wonpil suggested and they went to his office.

Mina was walking towards them as they proceeded forward. Both she and Wonpil ignored each other. Only Jae smiled and waved at her.

"I thought we were all friends now." He said to Wonpil. "After spending the night together."

"First. That sounds wrong. Second. What are friends?"
—-

Meanwhile, Brian and Jeongyeon sat in silence for a while before naturally getting up and going into the room.