Chapter 16. Confrontation

~~Warning there is some curse words in this chapter. It isn't in the whole thing, only in certain parts. Please enjoy this chapter.~~

"I will think about it." I tell her. She pouts as she and Ami walk off. Oh right today is their mall day, that should be fun for them.

"Have fun at the mall." Devon says to them before they leave the dorm.

"We will try." Ami says since Vivian is annoyed. They leave the building and I know they will want a full recap of what happened yesterday, which is nothing. But torturing them like this is fun. What will I say to Noah to get him to understand that no matter how theatrical he gets, that won't win me over? I shut the door and Devon looks at me.

"The sooner I get the whole Noah thing sorted the better my day will be. You can go change if you want and if you don't trust him you can come back." I offer Devon who smiles encouragingly. He wraps his arms around my back and I do the same to him.

"It's up to you. If you want me here while you talk to him, I don't mind. A referee is always a good thing when it comes to him." Devon smiles and I smile back.

"Good idea. Before you go, I have something of yours." I say to him as I quickly go into my room. The bed is making itself as I grab his sweater and walk back to Devon. I hand him his sweater.

"It's ok you might need it more then me." He says giving it back to me.

"Thanks Devon." I say giving him a hug and a peck on the cheek. He leaves to go get changed.

I go back to my room with a smile as I put the sweater in my closet. I can't believe he is letting me keep his sweater for now. What am I going to say to Noah? What do I do? I will just have to get this over with and with the girls out of the house I can get mad at him all I want without any eavesdroppers. I walk over to Noah's apartment and knock on his door. Devon walks down the stairs then and stands beside me. Noah opens the door and he is only in his boxers. I guess it's early for him, but oh well.

"I need to talk to you right now. Put on some pants and follow me." I tell him. It's very hard not to look at him right now. He goes into his room and when he comes back out, he has shorts on. He follows me into my apartment. I lock the door behind me because I know the girls left their keys here. Not that they will be coming back anytime soon.

"What do you want Joanne. Its 10:20 in the morning." Noah says a little sleepy and unhappy that I woke him up.

"Boohoo. The girls aren't here so stop pretending. I saw your note in the sky this morning. What are you trying to do? These kinds of gestures don't work on me because you're an asshole who doesn't realize that I don't want flash. I want someone who is down to earth and cares about me. Not someone who cares just about themselves. Why do you think I like Devon?" I flat out say to him, not happy that he is trying to pull shit. I sit on the chair at the island as Devon stands beside me. Noah stands a few feet in front of us.

"Oh please. You did like it you just don't want to show it in front of him." Noah replies without answering any of my questions.

"You didn't answer what I asked. Answer it or else I will go to the dean and make your life hell for the rest of the year." I say threatening him.

"I will answer them but not because you think you can threaten me. I am a good 6 inches taller than you. I would like to see you try something. Anyways, I pulled that artwork in the sky because I am a changed person besides this little tussle. I do care so much about you and I would honestly be better than Devon here because I bring out the best in you. You just don't want to admit it. I bring out the fire in your heart. If were together we would be each other's other half. Look I would treat you with the utmost respect and I wouldn't let anything hurt you or get in your way. Or you could stay with the safe choice and never be pushed to your full potential. It's your choice." Noah says as his eyes flare.