Chapter 20. Dance

"Threatening. Fun. Vivian trust me you don't have to tell me that alright. I know that if I hurt her you will come after me okay, I get it." Noah says as they sit on the bleachers. Why does he seem so calm about all of this? Has he already thought about this? I guess the decorations are done now. It does look amazing in here.

"I'm not the one you have to worry about hurting you Noah. Trust me." Vivian says simply. Noah went wide eyed realizing that she wasn't threating him. I guess he knows that if Vivian says to watch out for me, then he should. Priceless seeing him freak out a little though. I should probably let them talk privately now. I go to the gym doors as fast as I can, without making too much noise, open the door and leave the gym. I shut the door quietly, step to the side and become visible again.

"What are they talking about?" Aimsely asks me as she walks up to me. I guess she saw me become visible. I look at her and she is drinking a pop.

"Oh you know, how if I were to ever date Noah, that he shouldn't hurt me and if he does that Vivian won't be the biggest pain. I somehow doubt that though. Look Aimsely I have absolutely no idea what to do. I want to date him but at the same time I don't just because he has that jack ass side." I tell her as we sit on the folding chairs that are left behind.

"It's all up to you where and how far you go with a person. If you're having this much trouble figuring things out, there are only two option you can really do. You can either go on a date with him, to see if he really will stay like this. Or you wait it out to see if he changes to his old ways. But either way it's only your decision to make and no one else's." Aimsely says shifting in her chair.

"I know your right. But that's my issue. I don't know whether I should date him or not. He thinks I will be his steady girlfriend by Halloween. I just don't know. Why does it have to be so confusing?" I ask.

"Well if your so confused just think about it some more. You could always dance with him tonight and see how things turn out. If you like how things go then you can make your decision." Ami says getting up.

"Alright. Your right." I say standing up as well. Some other students have come all dressed up and are waiting in front of the gym. I guess its getting close to the time. Vivian comes out of the gym and opens the doors so they can stay open. Everyone here goes into the gym, excited for the first dance of the year. Even though the year starts tomorrow. I casually look up at the clock and its 5:50. Surprising that the doors are allowed to be open early. I see Noah standing up on the stage, looking at the people that are here right now. Its not a lot of people yet, but he has music going anyways.

"Welcome. Enjoy yourselves tonight." Noah says casually without looking up at how many people are here. He is in a pair of tailored black pants and -from what I can tell- a pressed white shirt. He at least looks good for what the poster says you had to wear. More people came. Ami and I notice Vivian disappeared on us. Great, it hasn't even started yet and we lost her. Everyone was either dancing or eating. I bet some people only came for the buffet and to make fun of everyone else. At least its halfway decent music playing. I look at Aimsely and she nods. We smile and dance together because thats what we agreed. Its much more fun having fun with friends instead of on a date, I guess. That way you can jut be sillier with friends.

I notice Vivian in her sparkly dress in the corner with someone. It looks like they are making out. Just wonderful. The nights just beginning and she is already doing that. I twirl around so that she is to my back. Ami didn't seem to care. Other then that, its not that bad. Considering that Noah helped out. Several songs go by and we dance to each. After a few more we take a break. So we went over to get ourselves a drink. If I did date Noah I would have no problem telling him off if he did something that I dont like. Why he decided to go from jack ass to nice popular guy and to like me, I don't get it.