Chapter 47. Christmas

It wasn't a dreamless sleep like normal. As I slowly wake up, I recall my dream last night. It was the exact same dream I had the other night. Of our wedding day. Vivian and Ami had walked down the aisle. I walked behind them so happy and joyous. Why am I dreaming of that? We have only been dating for a couple months official.

Even though we've liked each other longer. I shouldn't be dreaming of that. I stretch out as I wake up more. Its Christmas. I smile. Its generally no big deal since I'm almost always alone for it. This year I am excited because I want him to see what I got him for a gift. I hope he likes it. I know I didn't need to get him anything, but being the person, I am I wanted to. I don't get anything when I'm at home so its always just like any other day of the year with my parents.

I want to just hand him his gift. See his face with that smile on it. I hope its a good day. So far, its been different here then my own place. My parents are amazing they just work a lot and they sometimes forget that I am there. So, I always just feel like I'm alone. But here, being at Noahs home its like the exact opposite.

I feel welcomed here, a part of the family even though I just met them. I feel like I matter. Its different and nice. Noah is still laying beside me. I kiss his forehead softly and get out of bed. I go into the bathroom that's attached to his bedroom. He's lucky to have one attached. I bring my clothes I'm going to wear and I have a shower and do what I need to. I get dressed. I picked out a simple pair of jeans to wear and a button-down red plaid shirt. I rolled the sleeves up. I know its not very Christmassy but its simple and comfortably.

As I re-enter Noah's room, I see he's sitting on his bed dressed as well. He looks so handsome. He's wearing jeans himself and a red t-shirt. He holds his hand out to go downstairs. He steps out of his room first and I grab my gift for him, holding it behind me. He leads the way downstairs.

I see the tree now in the living room. It reaches the ceiling and is decorated very nicely. I see gifts under the tree as well. Not just one or two but it looks like its filled under it. I guess they really do the Christmas thing. Must have been nice growing up like this. We make our way downstairs. His parents are already sitting on the couch with mugs in their hands.

I place my gift on the side table, hopefully out of sight for the moment. Noah hugs his parents. I sit in the chair thats beside the couch, trying to hide the gift.

"Breakfast is already made. Would you both rather eat first or open gifts first?" Fay asks.

"I'm kind of hungry but it doesn't matter to me." I say softly.

"It doesn't matter to me either." Noah says all smiles. With that we all go into the kitchen. The countertop is filled with tons of food. More then whats necessary for the four of us. Noah grabs a plate first and gets a ton of food and head to the dining room. I grab a plate myself and get some food too, not wanting to over fill myself yet. I go to the dining room as well and sit beside Noah.

We eat in mostly silence. I hear some Christmas music in the background. Its pleasant eating like this. Its cozy. It doesn't take long to finish eating. I help do the dishes. Once that is done we all sit in the living room again. I sit in the chair again and hid the gift I got Noah. I watch as they all hand each other the gifts for each other. For some reason they pile them in groups of who belongs to whom. Then bring the piles and sit down comfortably. I smile as I watch them all unwrap the gifts that are from each other. Its simple and magical in a way.

They got each other stuff they needed not just stuff they wanted. Like Noah got some stuff for school he needed. Or his parents got stuff for work. Its cute.

Once they were done his parents bring their stuff upstairs and give us some time alone. I hand Noah his gift I got him. Its nothing compared to what his parents got him. I try to be cheery about it.