Chapter 28. Perfect

I just stare at the cell phone. I bring my hand up to my mouth in complete and utter shock. My stomach drops and my heart becomes full. No wonder he kept having trouble trying to tell me what he was feeling. He physically couldn't tell me no matter how much he wanted to. The bus stopped. Nobody moved. A few tears escaped my eyes. He loves me. Ami took the phone away from me and gives it back to Vivian. Ami puts a hand on my shoulder. I look up at her. Everything unfroze. I stand and hug my friends.

There is absolutely nothing that could be said at this moment. How does one respond to something like this? They let go and step away from me. They smile encouragingly. My nerves are definitely on the edge right now. The other girls have gotten off of the bus and huddle around the door. Vivian looks at the other bus and those students are coming out of the bus too. I see him and my heart skips a few beats. He doesn't look as though anything significant has happened. He looks at us with a smile and wave. I instantly smile back. Ami looks at me just as I look at her. She nods and I head out of the bus. I walk around the front of the bus and stop as I see him.

All the girls are standing behind me now. I have a feeling word got out somehow that Noah has changed because of me and I'm guessing they want to see if its true. I start walking towards him. But I start jogging to him. My hair is flying behind me as everything becomes a blur. He walked a bit towards me and stops. I wrap my arms around his neck for a nice embrace.

He picks me up a bit and spins me around a few times before returning me back to the ground. I look up at him as I place my hands on either side of his face. I stand on my toes and kiss him on the mouth. It caught him off guard at first but then he kisses me back. My one foot comes up like it would in one of those old romantic movies. I feel whole now. There is cheering around us. We stop kissing and I can't stop smiling as I look over at my team. I guess the cats out of the bag.

They are all clapping or cheering and gave the occasional whistling. I guess they know now that I am the only person who could make him not be an ass. But even the men seem to be whistling and clapping as well. I can't help but smile more.

"Finally, you two show your love for each other." Logan says from the crowd behind Noah. I'm surprised I thought he held onto grudges.

"What are you talking about? Love. Really? I don't know man. I can tell you that I do really, really like her." Noah says denying it. I smile because I saw the text he sent.

"Oh, come one. You can't say after all this time pining over her, that you don't love her. Its been how long that you liked her?" Logan says not embarrassing him but trying to get the truth out of him. He is turning red.

"Logan seriously get lost." Noah says as he turns his back on him and wraps his arms around my back.

"Its not only Noah, Logan. Ask Jo how she really feels." Vivian yells out from the crowd. Seriously.

"Vivian, I swear you say anything and I will haunt you." I say turning my head in her direction. Noah chortles at that.

"What is she talking about?" Noah quietly me.

"You will find out later." I tell him trying to put a force field around us. It seems to work because we couldn't hear anyone else now. I close my eyes and concentrate. I push the field outward to where the onlookers are. I thought hard and slowly they disappear one by one. The only people I let stay are Logan, Vivian, Aimsely and the teachers on the trip. I open my eyes and Noah is smiling in admiration. Those few people walk up to us confused a little.

"What happened to everyone Joanne?" Ms. Rivers asks me trying to be stern. But its kind of lost in amazement and joy at the same time.

"I used my force field to put them in their rooms. Don't worry I made sure it didn't harm them." I say as I face her. Noah didn't let go. He let me face her but his arms stayed around my waist. She didn't quite know what to at this moment. She looks around in shock. She looks at Noah.