Chapter 23. Birthday Dinner

"There are so many things I would like to say to you. I really have no idea where to start though." Noah says with some pain in his voice.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me when you're ready." I tell him so he doesn't feel like he has to stress about it. He hesitated several times and then steps away from me. He walks over to the wall and the door appears. He opens it but didn't go through it. He is very conflicted for sure.

He didn't say anything and left. He is surprisingly shy for someone who used to be a bully. The door disappears. I unlock my door but don't open it. I turn the music down and lay in bed. What a confusing, but productive day. Whatever it is that he is feeling, I'm sure he will tell me soon enough. Morning seems to come very fast as I slowly wake up on a beautiful Saturday morning. Its my birthday already.

I have a date with Noah tonight. That should be interesting. He never said what time he's coming to get me or what we are doing. So, I have no idea if it's going to be casual or fancy. Not that there are any fancy places close by. I think the simpler I go the better it will be. I put my bag down by my desk and go into my closet. I pick out a red tank top and a pair of jeans. This should be good. Especially since he didn't say what we were doing. I bring my clothing into the bathroom and put my towel by the shower. I leave the door open since my room is locked.

I undress and go into the shower. I do what in normal do and also wash my hair. When I'm done, I dry off and get dressed. I put my hair into two braids. I surprised how fast today seems to be going for not doing much. Do I really want to date him? I mean he was a jerk once. Could he go back to his old ways or has he changed for good? I guess I will see after tonight. I hang my towel up and put the dirty laundry in its place. I get my purse and put my wallet in it. When I exit my closet, I see Noah sitting at my desk.

"How did you get in here?" I ask him, not scared at all by the sight of him here. He has some boundary issues right now and clearly needs to be reminded to ask first.

"I used the wall door, like I did last night. I could go to the front door and shock your friend's if you'd prefer." He offers. I bite my lip nervously. As much fun as that sounds, I'd rather him not.

"No, I'd rather wait on that front. However, I would appreciate it if you ask before coming into my room. Are you ready?" I ask him. He nods his head and holds up a basket.

"We are having a picnic on the beach. Meet me behind the building. That way your friends don't see us. I will remember to ask next time." He suggests as he leaves. I smile. I can't believe I will be deceiving my friends. I put my phone in my purse and leave my room. Neither friend is in the living room as I leave to meet up with Noah. I'm a bit nervous as we talk quietly to the beach. It isn't to busy but there are a bunch of people scattered around. So, we go closer to the rocks.

He leads me to the other side of the rocks where a table and two chairs are sitting. That's so cute. My heart melts a little. Well this is definitely private. He pulls out a chair for me. What a gentleman. I thank him. I notice he is also casually dressed in jeans, flip flops and a t-shirt. He looks good.

He opens the basket and starts taking things out. There is macaroni salad, two chicken breast sandwiches and pop. Simple but there's something to it that's nice. I look in the basket and it looks like its lined like a cool pack. He sits down and offers me to get what I want first. I get one of the sandwiches and a bit of the macaroni salad. I also get some of the pop. He got himself some food after I got mine.

"This looks good Noah. Thank you." I say to him earnestly. I can't remember the last time someone had done something like this for me. I don't think anyone has done this for me. Its very sweet.