Chapter 1. Best Friends and Summer Vaca

It's our final year at Bridgewood College. It's a college for people who have abilities. Though we may not be learning about those abilities per say, it's a safe space for use in case things get out of hand. Thankfully here at Bridgewood its warm all year round. This will be an amazing year, with volleyball, getting our diplomas and I won't have to see some of our classmates anymore. It will be a great year. Ok, so my bags are at the front door, yes. I look at my stuff, luggage is packed, some snacks in my bag, got extra shoes, my jacket and my school supplies. I look through my stuff as I go through my list in my head. I nod as I see each item. Good I got everything I think I will need and am ready, even if I may not look like I'm ready.

My shoulder length strawberry blonde hair is a mess from making sure I got everything ready for today I grab my brush quickly from my bag and brush it out in front of the hall mirror. There's a knock on the door as I put my brush away. Good they are here. I opened the door and see my two best friends Vivian and Aimsely.

Vivian looks as good as ever with her tan, and brown hair styled in a pixie cut. It looks wonderful on her. No matter how loose of a tank top she wore though you couldn't miss her breasts. She has the brains and the beauty. I smile a little envious of her body and how she is nice and thin with a big rack. Most get surgery to look like that but Viv was born into it.

Aimsely looks stunning as well in the pink dress she chose. The colour of her dress brings out the slight red in her shoulder length mahogany hair. Ami is shorter than Viv and myself. She also is a bit curvy herself but its a bit more subtle and proportionate. She looks amazing. They both smile at me enthusiastically.

"My Ride is here. I will see you as soon as I get a chance. Bye mom and dad, I love you." I call up to them since they are getting ready for their busy day at the office of Who Knows What. They have to deal with the misuse of power every day and find the appropriate punishment for the crime. It can be very stressful for them because their powers can only do so much and go so far.

"Have a good year and knock 'em dead. We will try to come to your games." My mom calls down. I know that they might only make it for the final game with how busy their work schedule is. Yeah, it's time to go now. We grab my stuff and leave my home. Thankfully I had only a handful of bags. The girls help me get my things into the back of Vivian's Jeep. Which is easy to do since her mom put a charm on it to hold as much as we needed. Her mom is the only one who I know that can actually do that kind of spell work. Once my stuff is in, we get into the car and Vivian starts to drive towards school.

"How was your summer Jo?" Viv asks me as she looks around casually.

"It was alright. Nothing special ever happens over the summer for me since both my parents work. So, it's hard to do a lot of things as a family. How was your summer girl's?" I ask them interested. Ami seems happy but for some reason Viv is giving on some bad energy.

"Went to Egypt with my family for a week. It was pretty amazing. Other then that, nothing really. I met some interesting people in my neighbourhood and got to know them. They don't have any powers so they were a bit boring." Aimsely explains. I would think that would be a bit more fun just to try some tricks on them.

"Sounds like you had a good summer. I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation. Viv what happened?" I say with a smile. I smile towards Vivian concerned about her.

"Well shit hit the fan. Parents are divorcing and they aren't handling it the way they should be. So, they have to go to Who Knows What to be dealt with to get it settled. Hopefully there the judge and some of her disciples can settle it out the way it should be. That way our world isn't exposed. Also, George broke up with me a month ago. I made him break his own nose and jump into a tiger cage. That made me feel a bit better, at least for a little bit anyways." Vivian explains as she took Sidewinder Road.

Only people who go to this school, previously been, and future generations, can see this street when they are accepted into the school. So, Viv drives up the road. If those without abilities knew about this school and those who attend it, they may think that we are freaks. Or weirdos or whatever other things that come to mind. Who knows what they would do if they found out real magic or magical powers coexisted with those who don't have it.

"I am sorry your parents are divorcing again. Here's to hoping that they can be just friends. I am sorry to hear about George though, he had it coming. Things always seem hardest when you have no one to talk to. So thankfully we have each other to talk to, right." I say hopefully to them with a smile. They are giving good energy now as they think about it.

"Definitely." They both agreed. It didn't take long after turning on Sidewinder Road that we started going uphill.

~~I hope you enjoyed reading this. I am excited to update the second part and get it up. Feedback/comments are always welcome.~~