1. Barbie haircuts

Back at it.

Who's excited?

ME!

Missed you lot

xX Elle Xx

_____________________________

Thursday, June eleventh, 2020.

Evenston, Illnois.

"Mommy what does this mean?"

said Henry, using his other hand to keep the other fingers down so he could flip me off. I had been chopping tomatoes for dinner. Isabelle was giving her barbies a haircut in the bathroom. I told her she could as long as she did it over the toilet.

"Who showed you that?

"Um.. Peter and Miguel."

"Well, we don't do that little man."

"But mommy what does it mean?"

"it means fuck!" Shouted Isabelle, running out of the bathroom with a naked barbie locked into her clutch.

"How do you know what that means?"

"Grandma said it while driving. She said it was the grownup word for I don't like you."

My dear not-so-old auntie had kept her residence in Nantucket for the summers, but had moved in with us. She was rich, but I didn't ever borrow her money.

She instead was an unpaid baby sitter who loved to spoil the twins.

"It is. How old are you guys?"

"Uh, we will be, eight saturday!" Isabelle said, showing me 7 fingers.

"Honey check your fingers." 

She looked, lifted another one, and and turned back to me.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Isabelle had gotten my stubbornness, that was certain.

"Oh, you're right. Who wants to make fruit salad?"

"ME!" They both yelled that the same time. Isabelle clubbed him with her barbie.

"Isabelle!"

"Yes?"

"Apologize to Henry! He's the only Henry we got!"

She made a mcayla is not impressed face, and turned to him.

"I'm sorry." 

She then whispered something into his ear."

"Mommy she called me a stupid head!"

"Henry make the salad, Isabelle time out. Go to your room."

Our house was a little one, but still expensive, as I wanted it as close to the water as we could afford. It was two bedroom, but I begged out tenant to put a doorway in the extremely large walk in closet in the master and connect it to the hall.

Auntie, or Grandma as we now call her, she sleeps in the greenhouse, and she wouldn't have it any other way. She says it's good for her arthiritis, and she likes falling asleep looking at the plants.

I still had my junkle old Ipod that after 2014 wouldn't take any new songs. Fine by me, everything now is skrillex, british and country music. 2014 is also when one direction had their last concert.

I had gotten dual citizenship, because my visa was running out. My kids were citizens from birth, so that was relatively fast. I had also been relatively fast becoming an E.R. doctor. That was supposed to take much longer. I was finally able to quit being a barista at starbucks and working at Mcdonalds.

Henry was trying to cut an apple with a butter knife. I helped the poor boy out. We diced, chopped, and rapped some biggie smalls as we cooked. I worked on the soup and pork chops now.

"Go go go Henry!"

"It was all a dream, I used to read word up magazines, hanging pictures on the walls, every saturday rap attack... I don't know the rest."

"That was pretty good little man."

Isabelle could be difficult, but Henry was very placid. Except for when you get him really angry. He had a long temper but when you set it off...

Grandma walked in the door, and kicked off her shoes. She slid the giant shopping bag  not so quietly into the closet. They were presents for the twins.

"What do we have cooking?"

"Potato soup and pork chops. I was in a wintery mood."

"Ahhh. When is it done?"

"Soon, can you go get belle from upstairs?"

"Yes, I can."

She came down carrying Bella who was already in her pink footie pajamas, topped with bunny slippers. I had gotten them bunny slippers for their birthdays last year, but they both needed new ones.

The twins themselves didn't look like twins, well at leasat not extremely. Isabelle had dark brown hair, isabelle's with a curl to it. She had rosy cheeks and skin that tanned easily. Her eyes were the same as mine though, and thick lashes.

So beautiful, mothers on the corner yelled at me for putting make up on my child. She was just beautiful naturally. Same as Henry. Good thing I raised him to be kind, because he would be a heart breaker.

He had my hair color, with the slight curl too. That doesn't mean anything, mine has a slight curl too. He had my eyes. He was paler than his sister, but still had rosy cheeks and long lashes. They were beautiful, and superhuman, and yet almost eight.

Both also had insane metabolisms. I bought donuts every saturday on my way back from the 1-8 shift, and they devoured them. The only real fat they had on their bodies was in their cheeks, and they were four feet five inches, well actually belle was four feet five and a half inches, and a pound heavier. He never heard the end of this. She was also born first by a minute.

Grandma flicked the Tv on.

"In other news, twenty tens boyband one direction-"

I paused. So did aunty.

"What is it mommy?"

"Shhh Hen." grandma cooed.

She loved to spoil these kids. Where I could barely afford barbies and legos, she swooped in like santa claus.

"-are in the U.S. for their reunion tour, stopping last night in Detroit. They're going to be playing sold out concerts this weekend, right here in chicago! Next on the hour..."

Well it's sold out. Besides, my babies birthday is saturday. Although I do have to work the night shift, after their bedtimes.

"Mommy I'm hungry."